Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I was truely touched by a christian... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be touched? Would you lie about your atheism?
  Yes and YES!!!
  Yes and no.
  No and yes.
  No and no.
View Results

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 pm
WEll it's not like Atheism is a religion so your not renouncing anything but your own belifs and Ideas. But It was good you did what you did. That girls is going to think...whats so wrong with that nice girl that made my daddy hate her? These are the thoughts that grow the spark into questions. Worlds are made by this sort of thing!!!

This girl though in a very unaccepting household has had a question born in her mind. I doubt she can forget you either.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:40 am
Lyoko_Alchemist
WEll it's not like Atheism is a religion so your not renouncing anything but your own belifs and Ideas. But It was good you did what you did. That girls is going to think...whats so wrong with that nice girl that made my daddy hate her? These are the thoughts that grow the spark into questions. Worlds are made by this sort of thing!!!

This girl though in a very unaccepting household has had a question born in her mind. I doubt she can forget you either.

I'm a dude. Also I'm very suprised by all the yes and no's I'm getting on the poll. Whatever though, to each their own.  

Dirty Dirty Shisno

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:19 am
MutantPanda
Lyoko_Alchemist

I'm a dude. Also I'm very suprised by all the yes and no's I'm getting on the poll. Whatever though, to each their own.

oops sorry! sweatdrop

Huh really? About people who wouldn't lie or would lie?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:09 am
Lyoko_Alchemist
MutantPanda
Lyoko_Alchemist

oops sorry! sweatdrop

Huh really? About people who wouldn't lie or would lie?

No problem. Happens all the time. Even in real life. I'm suprised by all the people that wouldn't lie about their atheism to let that kid have her candy.  

Dirty Dirty Shisno

ellell89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:00 pm
So this guy never heard of the good samaritan?

What a t**t head.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:56 pm
But how quickly we forget
Such a sure and perfect plan,
And unlearn the passions that once had burned.

That's horrible!! I would try to interfere, but at the same time I'd be afraid to... crying

I've had a similar experience happen to me, though only the positive bit. One of my friends from IUCC youth chorale (which I have now left because I moved) was extremely religious. I didn't notice until around the start of the second semester, when she started praying with a friend of mine. At our normal borders hangout session, I started talking to her about religion, saying that it's wrong to think that "my god is better than your god and the people who think otherwise should be gotten rid of", which I consider the greatest fault of religion. She actually agreed with me completely, yet showed no signs of changing her mind about her faith! I continued to talk about my reasons for skepticism/atheism. "God loves you," she reminded me over and over, "even if you don't believe in him." I had a hard time believing that she meant what she said, due to my knowledge that many religions teach that god hates infidels. This was the first time I heard a religious fanatic say that god loves everyone, no matter what. I didn't convert, but I was deeply touched.

But how could I have seen?
What was I to do?
How could I know I would find you?
-Erik, The Phantom of the Opera, Tom Alonso

Elanchana

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items