Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Home Away

Back to Guilds

Our guild is a quirky and sometimes incoherent critique and discussion group for writers looking to get some feedback on their work. 

Tags: writing, critique, discussion, literate, authors 

Reply something peaceful.
Do you write consistently?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JamesRaith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Just curious to see how often everyone flexes their literary muscles.

I used to go long periods without writing, but I reached a point where I wasn't satisfied with my progress at that rate. So I started writing daily: 20 minutes, minimum, every day, though often for much longer. If possible, I try to hit 1,000 words a day.

A lot of times, those 1,000 words aren't my best work. But they're decent work, because I'm a good writer. And I can always go back and revise that decent work into good or great work.

What about you? How often do you try to write? Daily? Weekly? When inspiration strikes?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:14 am
I'm kind of the opposite. I used to write every day, but now I write a little every week. But that has a lot to do with me losing my writing journal for months and months. anyhoo, i found it! -cheers- and i'm getting back in the swing of writing.
so in other words, i actually don't try to write once a week, it just happens. c:

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Hiro Takamari

Moonlight Stalker

12,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:32 pm
i have to be in the right mood to write anything! I need peace of mind and I need some inspiration like listening to the right song when writing...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Well, I usually try to write every night. If I can't write, then I look over what I have written of my novel and see if I can get some inspiration. biggrin  

NocturnalMuse

delirious-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 am
My mind is very chaotic and I need to write, but I can't. It isn't writer's block, I don't think it is, but it feels horrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:06 pm
the enviorment and music and what had happened to me on the day have a lot to do with my stories and poems. ^^
i don't have a stable amount of what i write.sometimes i go on weeks without writing[but i make it up with reading xp ]  

dreaming-writer

7,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Goddess Of The Impossible

3,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:12 pm
I actually write constanly... If I'm at the computer I'm in notepad along with what ever site I feel like being on and during school I write whenever my teacher isn't giving a lecture... If I'm in a bad mood or don't feel like writing, I still force myself to write atleast an hour a day... And if I'm not writing then the stpid voices my characters have in my mind over whelm me and I freak out(true story my manager almost quit because I went crazy)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:01 pm
I absolutely have to be in the right mood. At one point, poetry and stories gushed out of me constantly. I had stacks of notebooks filled with oh-so-eloquent babbles about everything from epic quests to the color of the carpet. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

Now, I've gone months without being able to write anything decent. I don't know what happened. I guess I lost my muse.

emo  

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
something peaceful.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers