Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
OMG There is a flower on my head! Solarbeam sunflora!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:55 pm
Well, I just got a random event thingy! It was like: textbubble: eek ! : trunk dancing *click* OMG!!

xd
question
WTF I caught Sunflora!? gonk Just so you all know, statwise, sunflora is one of the worst grass pokemon out there. Easily surpassed by tanks like venusaur, ludicolo, and tangela, or sweepers like skeptile, and annoyers like jumpluff. In fact, if I remember correctly, it's pre-evolved form sunkern, actually has THE WORST stats of all pokemon! I am wondering, could this be an insult to the majestic dandilion and sunflower?! Why do other pokeflowers so surpass it, such as Bellosum, Vileplume, and Roselia. Who is with me in saying that Sunflora needs some power too! All pokemon deserve a chance, just like magicarp and feebass I want some sunflora stories to tell my grandkids so they don't underestimate these potential powerhouses!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:11 am
You know which pokemon is even more mysterious on poor stats? Surskit. Seriously Surskits are very heard to train.  

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

vauny-vaun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:26 pm
O.o
interesting..
see this is why sunflore are onyl good for beauty contests etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:09 pm
Magikarp > Sunkern???!

Is that even possible?! O __O

Seriously, though, I don't really care for Sunflora. Or Grass-Types in general (I wonder why.. ). Really, the only ones I tolerate are Treeko and it's evolutions.

But only because I think lizards are one of the cutest animals in teh worldie.
3nodding  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

vauny-vaun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:18 pm
Alexa-sama
Magikarp > Sunkern???!

Seriously, though, I don't really care for Sunflora. Or Grass-Types in general (I wonder why.. ). Really, the only ones I tolerate are Treeko and it's evolutions.

3nodding

mmm i'm not a fan of grasstypes either.. but all the starter grass types are pretty damned good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:31 pm
Samaya-chan
Alexa-sama
Magikarp > Sunkern???!

3nodding

mmm i'm not a fan of grasstypes either.. but all the starter grass types are pretty damned good.

Bah. Gimme a Fire-Type anyday.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:33 pm
Alexa-sama
Samaya-chan
Alexa-sama
Magikarp > Sunkern???!

3nodding

Water > Fire. 3nodding I love teh water types and I hate the grass types. I just like Exeggutor and Tropius. Those are the only ones that I don't want to disappear forever. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:29 pm
eek crying WAAAAAAAAAH!!! I DUN LIKE U GUYS ANYMOR!!!!!!!

*huggles Tropius* DUN WORRY, I WILL ALWAYS LUV U!!! *huggles*

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

oGolem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:25 am
Bah! Rock-types are cooler. So.. so there. Meanies.

Seriously, though, I'd expect things made of stone to be more... durable. Le sigh--at least they makc marvelous physical stoppers.

As for elementals--some specific ones, I like. For example:

Having caught a shiny chinchou, I like lanturn. Loads. Having played through my orignal Blue version and kicking ALL KINDS of rear with it, I love starmies.

Having once gotten a female one to level ninety-three (I STILL have never trained one, even ONE, to level 100) I have a special place in my heart for Magmars with Thunderpunch. Nobody ever sees it coming. (Gold version.)

I've never been one for Grass Types, overtly--except the Best-of-both-worlds-have-fun-trying-to-kill-me Ludicolo Vampire of yore. (Yore what? Yore DOOMED!) The reason for this is probably best expressed when you look at my favorite type.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:11 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Odango Usagi

Zabchan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:01 pm
Andy1989
Alexa-sama
Samaya-chan
Alexa-sama
Magikarp > Sunkern???!

3nodding

Water > Fire. 3nodding I love teh water types and I hate the grass types. I just like Exeggutor and Tropius. Those are the only ones that I don't want to disappear forever. whee

water>fire? i got one word for you....steam. fire rox!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 pm
Well, if I were to rate the types water would probably be at the top and grass at the bottom as far as amount of weaknesses vs. amount of resistances and what they are all super effective against. Water has the nice aspect of not being super effected by much, just grass and electric, and having a very small number of things super effective against it. Grass is super effected by a bucketload, fire, flying, bug, poison, and ice! Grass is also resisted by allot! Poor grass types! crying Luddicolo is a really great grass type because his dual water type eliminates his fire and ice weaknesses and his grass type eliminates his water electric and grass weaknesses! Then ludicolo is a special sponge that gets leech seed, as well as rain dish and with some leftovers... wink

The real problem with Sunflora is that it is horribly slow, is defensively poor, and can't really be effective offensively without some setup from sunny day which excentuates it's fire weakness. Sunflora would have been amazing back in the red/blue days because psychic type was so much better and being poison type was basically scuicide due to the popularity of mewtwo and alakazam or psychic using gengars, thus making it one of 3 really useable grass types, parasect, tangela, and itself. Sadly, it didn't exist back then, and only appeared with an all grass starter of bayleaf and the true fall of grass types with the rise of flying and bug types as well as the death of psychics making the grass/poisions viable. Nowadays even electric type has died due to the sudden appearence of good special defense ground types like Claydol, and the horribly high special defense of some of the now more popular water types which are normally electric's heyday. In general, three types neccesary back in the day, Ice, Electric, and Psychic have seen quite a downfall with Ice being killed by separation of Special Attack and Defense, Psychic being killed by the introduction of viable moves that supereffect psychic types, and electrics being killed by the increase of pokemon with good special defense that used to have poor special and the new introduction of viable special sponges like luddicolo as well as the increase in popularity of such sponges as Blissey and Snorlax. Electric types are easily negated by the lack of ones who can effectively defend against the overpopular earthquake attack and their lack of move variety. Multitypes have seen a heyday as well with old type combos that meant death, changing to mean the best possible survival against such monsters and Kyogre and the rise of the dragon dancers and calm minders. It is now more viable to focus on one type of defense and no longer viable to fight with just typing, because sometimes stat mods matter more and the rise of true annoyers all sorts of metagame stuff.

Back in the day this was an incredible team:
Jolteon
Lapras
Alakazam
Machamp
Fearow
Parasect

Nowadays, that team above is beaten in half by a single boltbeamer, such as porygon 2, sho can thunderbolt and icebeam the parasect, the lapras, and the fearow. Then the remainders, Machamp, Alakazam, and Jolteon can now be easily beaten by a simple counter and special move using blissey or a curselax with shadowball, earthquake, and hiddenpowerflying.

Strategies that ruled back in the day, mean death now. Nowadays, frightening teams look something more like this:

Skarmory
Wobbafet
Suicune
Blissey
Salamence
Gengar

this team is filled with the most devastating monsters in today's metagame, skarm is the spiker god with it's spikes, incredible defenses, whirlwind or roar, and toxic to mix things up, and probably drill peck. Wobbafet can actually slaugter now that it can know encore and it has the unique shadow tag trait which prevents swiching of the opponent at all, just set up a wobbafet with encore, if they use a status move use safeguard and if they attack, kill them guarenteeadly with counter or mirror coat unless they are a dark type with a special move, in which case you can afford to swich to blissey or suicune. Gengar has levitate now and is immune to 3 types, fighting, ground, and normal, plus is still a good special sweeper and has a new role in choice banding. Blissey and Suicune can't be beaten by special moves essentially and can often kill off the physical guys as well or in suicune's case roar them away. Salamence can learn dragon dance and allready has a good speed and attack.

A counter team to something like the above would be:
Houndoom which should be saved for the skarm, gengar and wobbafet
Blastoise or Swampert with Ice Beam for Salamence
Octillery with physical moves for suicune
Bannet can take on Blissey
And some good strong pokes of your own can finish off this team.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items