Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Here's what's happening now....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

back but....
  there's never anyone to talk to
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:28 am
I finally got moved into my new apartment. With the exception of a 20 month old cocker spaniel I live totally alone. The "complex" I live in has the most unfriendly people I have ever known. I said hello to my next door neighbor and he acted like I had some fatal disease. He yells when I walk Hiro- on his leash and always with proper items to clean up after he makes a mess- and to be honest- if the actual apartment wasn't at least halfway decent- I would not stay here another minute.

I admit it's the 1st time I have ever been totally alone, but this is ridiculous. No one talks to anyone, even management ignores you when you call to ask for simple maintenance stuff.

Anyone who knows what happened to me on 6/23 should know now that I wish it had worked out the way I originally planned things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:29 pm

Let me guess... You got hit by the USA's flooding? Or was it the wild fires?

(Odd, sad, humor to that though, too much water just a short distance (relatively) from dry, in-need-of-water areas.)

I know quite a few people that have been having problems with one or the other.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Mishikotoko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:32 am
.....Rita.....

Call me sometime! Heck I would call you, but when my cell phones were switched the other month I lost all of my contact numbers.

I am glad you are settled in the new Apt, and have the internet hooked up. As for 6/23...I don't think I know what happened, but by how you were talking around then I have an idea.

heart heart *hugs* heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:49 am
Gah. Neighbours are over-rated. I don't even know mine...

Well, if they're ignoring you so completely, they just don't know what they're missing out on. xp Their loss, right?  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

LadyJ of Avalon

3,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:45 pm
When I lived in a apt complex, my neighbors were the same way. No such thing has neighborhoods anymore. It's not like when I was growing up, everyone looked out for each other. I miss that.

I hope things get better for you though. xd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 am
For the time being, I am holding my own around this place. Not exactly the happiest place in the world- sure as heck isn't Disney World, but it will do.

I seem to have lost my family in the move- My daughter never calls, only texts me if she wants something. My one sister is excusable- her family is in NYC for national dance finals with my niece who always comes in 1st or 2nd.

As for the other sister - as of last night- she can go suck poison out of cobras for all I care.

Oh, and the guy next door finally said hello to me last night- talk about a shock.

And Hiroshi is doing his best to be a good roommate, but let's face it, 20 month old cocker spaniels just don't have the vocabulary or emotional skills one needs.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Aw, it does sound like a tough place to be. It sounds like you'd have a much better time if you could just find a group of girlfriends or something to hang out with. Which is easier said than done, I know... >.< Moving's just tough all around.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:33 pm
My friend's apt. complex was pretty much the same. I would rather him visit me, then me visit him.

I hope you can work through it.  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm