Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hazuki's dress...How to make it? And the Nekomimi headdress?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:54 pm
Hiya ^_^ *wave wave*
I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not, but I want to go to Kumoricon. Assuming I'm able to go I would like to cosplay and one of the days I think I would like to cosplay as Hazuki from Tsukuyomi Moon Phase. =D

The problem is...I'm not quite sure how I would make her dress and nekomimi headdress.

My skill is sewing so that is how I would like to do any of it.

Reference pics:
One
Two ((Basically perfect))
Three
Four

So what would be a good way to do the dress and the nekomimi? Even if I end up not being able to go to Kumoricon I could always make the Nekomimi headdress and wear it around my town lol ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:26 pm
Okay, for the headdress, all you need to do is follow this tutorial:

http://www.freewebs.com/brokendolly/headdress.html

and then add the ears from this tutorial:

http://www.cosplaywiki.org/index.php/Cat_ear_hat

For the dress... You might try searching for Lolita patterns, or joining a Lolita Guild here on Gaia and looking for sewing patterns there. I could draw a pattern for that dress (or at least the top part), but I don't know if you'd be able to follow it.

I'm trying to graduate from doll clothing to human clothing, so I'm not sure how well my hand-drawn patterns would apply to human-scale clothing anyway.

In any event, good luck with it, and I hope the tutorials help you make your headdress!  

Rasabon

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

SunnieSkyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:37 pm
Ok I'll give you tips for the dress! Have you heard of burda style? If you are willing to modify some of their patterns I'm sure you can make this dress lickity-split!

The top construction looks similar to their "Andrea Blouse." You just need to add a puffy sleeve.

Andrea Pattern

As for the bottom you can try using a simple full skirt like "Linda." Just add a lining with some tulle underneath to help "poof" it. And of course attach as necessary.

Linda Pattern

The bloomers are nothing more than a simple shorts pattern with a gather and lace.

What will make or break this is going to be the details. Since is all white make sure you don't skimp on the lace. Good luck 'n happy sewing!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games