Reply Tattoos
Localized numbing.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:39 am
I forget where I read it, I think it was on a body mod forum of some sort, but I heard that you can get numbing as long as you go to a physician first. Is that true?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:07 am
I've never heard of it.  

Taigeku

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:52 pm
I don't think it's legal to use it but anyone can technically poke you with a bit of anaesthetic.

EMLA patches you can just buy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 am
I've never heard of the patches, what are they?

There's a tat that I want super bad, but I know it'll hurt like a b***h and I'm a p***y when it comes to pain. If there's nothing I can do I guess I just don't get it done, but to hear that I might be able to get localized numbing and it be ok with a tattoo got me really excited!  

God-Raped-Me

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:24 pm
<_< Why get it if you can't even sit through it?
Haha, I'm sure it won't be as bad you as think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:08 am
I wouldn't. If I know I'm not going to be able to sit through it, I won't get it done. I've been able to sit through two, my last one wasn't too bad but my first hurt like a b***h when it went over the bone, I could barely handle it.  

God-Raped-Me

mammary gland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm
I don't think that anesthetics are generally used when tattooing. I think that the pain is half the ritual, honestly. A "rights-of-passage" deal if you will. Keeps it so you can really show off what you went through when you have it. Makes you appreciate it that much more in my opinion. But that's just me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm
Getting a tattoo isn't a right of passage to me. For me it's putting art on my body that I enjoy. It's not for other people, I don't care what anyone thinks about how much pain I went through to get it. I just want the art there for me and if there is a safe way to do that where I don't have to feel the pain, then that's great!

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening. I plan on asking my tattooist when I go to get my frog fixed.  

God-Raped-Me

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 am
there are topical numbing ointments out there that may help, like lidocaine, but I don't know what the availability is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:04 pm
I was just teasing. =3 I might use an EMLA patch on the inside of my arm because it's stupidly sensitive. And... my sleeve HAS to be finished.

I think they only sell these in Canada:
http://yahoo.shoptoit.ca/shop/product--catId_1000061__locale_en__productId_419172.html  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Bella Pietra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 am
All I know of numbing is the spray some shops use for piercings. A friend of mine got 4 surface bars put in the top of his arm. They did 2 with the spray and 2 without to spray because he agreed to guinea pig for them. He said he felt it, but barely compared to searing pain for the other two, so I would assume it works with tattooing as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 am
When I was getting my most recent one done, I got sprayed with this weird numbing stuff (which hurt WAY more than the actual tattoo!) so she could do the colour over the black she had already done without too much discomfort, and that's the only thing I've ever seen or heard of being used.

But really, if you think you can't handle the pain, you probably shouldn't do it.

Pumpkin_Spice

xKelpiex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 pm
DON'T use EMLA for tats, guys. It shrinks your pores so when the tat is done and healed, the pores go back to normal and separate and your tattoo will be blotchy and have blank spots.  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games