Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
New Official Portable Resident Evil Discussion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chel_cee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:59 pm
Hey, now! Didn't anyone pay attention to the subject? This is the RE portable thread, not the official game system series.

And, I like RE 4. It was a good game. Surely after years of doing a RE series, they would have to bring something new to the table. The virus is a neat concept, but the fact that civilians infested with parasites is a little freaky, and it makes the opponets harder to kill. Yeah, I know it can get annoying, but just think if you were to have one of these parasites in your body. Even after it has fully taken over your body, there would still be a sense of humanity there. With the virus, it just basically kills the host and reanimates the body and becomes a walking robot with the only need to "feed". The parasite's, on the other hand, leaves the opponents seem more like they're still human, even though they're crazed man-eating cannibles, but oh-well. They still act and look like regular people (crazy people).

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:53 pm
chel_cee
Hey, now! Didn't anyone pay attention to the subject? This is the RE portable thread, not the official game system series.

And, I like RE 4. It was a good game. Surely after years of doing a RE series, they would have to bring something new to the table. The virus is a neat concept, but the fact that civilians infested with parasites is a little freaky, and it makes the opponets harder to kill. Yeah, I know it can get annoying, but just think if you were to have one of these parasites in your body. Even after it has fully taken over your body, there would still be a sense of humanity there. With the virus, it just basically kills the host and reanimates the body and becomes a walking robot with the only need to "feed". The parasite's, on the other hand, leaves the opponents seem more like they're still human, even though they're crazed man-eating cannibles, but oh-well. They still act and look like regular people (crazy people).

mrgreen

*talking about bolded parts*

Did i just see the words "RE4" and "good game" in the same sentence? No but it's still in two seperate sentences that could easily make one sentence. Mind explaining the "good game" part a little clearer?

Sure civillians infected with parasites is freaky but in RE4, they're easier to kill than regular zombies in my opinion.

Just because i'm not sure if they were cannibals or not. I mean yeah, there's signs that they eat, but it never clearly showed or made it seem like they ate a human.

and yeah we should get back to the topic.  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:08 pm
Well, a modded PSP can support RE Director's Cut, for PS1, and maybe RE3, I haven't tested it. RE2 freezes as soon as you reach the RPD, so that's a no go.
Someday, I'll test RE3, when I fix my modded PSP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 pm
In Umbrella We Trust
chel_cee

mrgreen

*talking about bolded parts*

Did i just see the words "RE4" and "good game" in the same sentence? No but it's still in two seperate sentences that could easily make one sentence. Mind explaining the "good game" part a little clearer?

Sure civillians infected with parasites is freaky but in RE4, they're easier to kill than regular zombies in my opinion.

Just because i'm not sure if they were cannibals or not. I mean yeah, there's signs that they eat, but it never clearly showed or made it seem like they ate a human.

and yeah we should get back to the topic.

Uh-hem! It's not bold, it's uppercase letters.
Not cannables? What game we're you playing? I know that evertime I played, those bastards always ate my a**. I was like, "What the hell man, get off my a**. Im trying to save a dumb blonde."
Monk_thing-guy: "Uh, oh yeah. sorry man. I didn't mean to...uhh...RAWR!!!'  

chel_cee

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I wouldn't be surprised if they ported RE4 to the DS.

Technology-wise, I don't think that's possible at the moment. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm
chel_cee
Not cannables? What game we're you playing? I know that evertime I played, those bastards always ate my a**. I was like, "What the hell man, get off my a**. Im trying to save a dumb blonde."
Monk_thing-guy: "Uh, oh yeah. sorry man. I didn't mean to...uhh...RAWR!!!'

They don't try to eat you in RE4, they strangle you. And RE4 is an average action shoot-'em-up that gets old after the first two playthroughs when you unlock everything.

And Angela, they're porting it to cell phones (if it wasn't released already). >_> I think they can do it on the DS. Unfortunately... gonk

And like Elliot said, change is sometimes good, but some change is unwelcome. This was one of those times. The parasites are exponentially more unrealistic than the virus, and they aren't freaky. All they do is speak another language (that I take in high school so I understand them xd ) to try and scare you. There's no humanity because I could care less about the game in the first place. I don't give two shits about the three people who all look alike running at me. I killed the same guy four times in a row once.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:31 pm
What Canas said. Only the parasites eat you but how are parasites and humans alike? It wouldn't be cannablism and yes i put the sections in bold, not uppercase letters. THIS IS UPPERCASE. this is bold biggrin

So the question should be: What game have you been playing? smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:47 pm
In all honesty, RE biggrin S was the first RE I ever played (and it just sort of exploded from there); it was the only game I bought when I got my DS. So yeah...I'd be ecstatic if they made another, even if it was just another port.

Either they need to start making them for the DS, N64, and PS2 again or I might just have to get a newer console. xd  

Ezba

Wealthy Ladykiller

4,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 am
AngelaAshford
Biohazard EXTREME

That's what one would say about cell phones, but they ported it to cell phones, so why not DS?

Oh, and I've seen Ganados bite, but I don't think they actually EAT people. Either way, they suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
AngelaAshford
Biohazard EXTREME

That's what one would say about cell phones, but they ported it to cell phones, so why not DS?

Oh, and I've seen Ganados bite, but I don't think they actually EAT people. Either way, they suck.

Well that's never happened to me i don't think. Which one bites you? I was probably to bored to pay attention to that.  

UmbraGallus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 pm
I dunno. Some of the unarmed ones, I guess. But hell if I remember, and frankly, I'm happy I don't remember.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:46 am
*sigh* I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm on the go I like to play my Resident Evil game (and I would like to make the singular form of game into a plural form into games) mrgreen

Oh, yeah. Did anyone forget about the RE4 'Hooked Man Version'? I seen that some of you aren't happy with the direction Capcom is taking the Resident Evil series, but at leaste they didn't release the second version of RE4. If they had, Resident Evil friends everywhere would've been fighting ghosts instead of the "Las Plagas." That would have really thrown of the RE story line off balance.  

chel_cee

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces