Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Some Food for Thought

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar Falcon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 pm
I found this video on Youtube and I really enjoyed it. It makes some very good points in a logical presentation, and other points that hadn't even occurred to me before. I think it's a very good video to look at and contemplate. (If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.)
Feel free to discuss this or even share any other good videos or clips on Atheism, Theism, or religion in general if you wish.
Here's the video: "The Theist Oversight"
There's also another video analyzing a talk segment between Bill O'Reilly and Richard Dawkins.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 am
I enjoyed it. His arguments were elegant, sound, and logical. One of the best atheist videos I've seen on YouTube.

The only problem with these presentations is...... like he said..... if you believe in something that cannot be "dis-proven" it is impossible to get them to change their mind. (like his invisible magical friend hehehe)

All the theists I know would just get pissed at the video (and me for sending it to them)

All the atheists I know would just be like: "Yeah, he's right. Duh! Of course! ARGH! Why don't the others get it?!" That was certainly my reaction... and I'm not one to go around preaching to theists (that would be entirely hypocritical, I HATE it when someone preaches religion to me)

The opening part was the best we can use, if anybody says scientists are attacking religion. Nope, it's the other way round entirely! Most of my theist friends accept both evolution and God. I don't see why you can't believe in both.  

Serendipity Splendor

Born Of Ash And Despair

Hallowed Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:03 am
Nice! I especially like the vid with Bill O'Reilly! Hell, I love pretty much any vid with him in it! They're so hilarious!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 am
Very good video, I especially like the last line.

"Even if there is a God, it doesn't mean there's a heaven or a hell."  

Tornado_Creator

Lunar Falcon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:12 pm
I really appreciate his videos. I've also been watching some people's deconversion stories on the site and some of them are pretty moving. At least some people are reasonable enough that when they see all the horrible things done in religion they question it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games