Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
A Creationism what?--Haha

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ozraptor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:45 pm
I recently got back from vacation, and while i was there, i saw a sign for a Creationism Museum...What could they possibly put in a Creationism Museum? A museum, if i am correct is a place where they display, art, scientific specimens, and objects of permanent value?

Well, i Google'd "Creationism Museum" Here is the link: http://creationmuseum.org/

To me it didn't look too bad, but if you dig deeper, you'll see its true nature.

Haha. It still makes me giggle...
But i do have to admit, there is some scientifical contents.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:51 pm
Oh... I've seen that place, but I haven't been there yet. Vacation to ol' ohio, it seems?
Apparently they display creation and scientific theories side-by-side. Personally that just screams bias to me.
But their site doesn't mention that...
Overall it seems to be a visual bible.  

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

Throwaway243

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm
There is one in Big Valley, Alberta, Canada. I live in Alberta and Im not surprised seeing as Alberta seems to be the most closed minded religious province in Canada. Although it is really small... looks like a house:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:56 am
KuroFur
Vacation to ol' ohio, it seems?

Not quite, we were in dayton for a day, our actual vacation spot was in Kentucky  

Ozraptor

Lunar Falcon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:22 pm
Bah. Some of my fellow paleo students were talking about something related to this. A family saved a lot of money and made a scientific museum featuring fossils primarily because their community lacked one. To retaliate a church got a crap load of outside funds and built their own creation museum, however, there is absolutely no indication that it really is a creation museum until after you pay and go into their exhibits.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:04 pm
You saw the one in Ohio right?  

Crooked_Lamb

Serendipity Splendor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 pm
Excuse me...... *pukes all over keyboard* L:Kfjd;lsajk piw4oer

This stuff really gets me angry!!! Religion stuff doesn't bother me really, but religion masquerading as science pisses me off!! These "museums" are spreading LIES!!
It really bothers me when evolution is so obviously true.

Christianity? Ok. fine.

Creationism? L biggrin JFKa;o riuoweaj NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces