Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
What fish? Please help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SASSY BLACK GURL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:49 pm
I have really been hoping to start a salt water aquarium but it was too expensive. I then thought about piranhas but they are for advannced aquarists. I have experience with goldfish but I don't know what to do next.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:02 pm
Really, your time, money and space will decide for you. xD

Where would you put your tank?
What's the maximum size tank that could go there?
How big a tank can you afford, with equipment/plants/fish/solutions/food/ornaments etc thrown in?
What would fit in that?
How long are you going to be able to spend on the tank each week?
What fish could live in the maximum worst conditions of your usual week?
What fish do you know/could you learn about most?

If you answer all those questions...you'll probably only have one or two optons..and then you just have to find healthy, lovely fish...if you can only find one sort of fish then that's your choice. xD

But you do have to remember that if you aren't sure in any way, you shouldn't get them, because they'll be around for a long time and you have to love them and care for them all the time. ^^;

I see too many people buying tropical tanks and then deciding after a year that they're bored and getting rid...or worse...just letting them die.

Pisty

Big Member

55G FreshWater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:44 pm
There are a few types of fish you can go for. The one thing i would say you should try is cichlids, there a few dozen types and they come in all sizes.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:31 pm
uhmmm, first of all, there is a few thousand types of chiclids, trust me i keep almost exclusivley chiclids.

I'd suggest some convict chiclids, put them in a tank alone, or else all the other fish will be dead. The yare hardy and breed about 1 time every 2 months, they are intresting, though not pretty  

fishguy6

55G FreshWater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:45 pm
scream gonk scream
sorry fishguy6 i was just trying to point out that there were a few different kinds of cichlids. Also just trying to point him in the right direction.
gonk scream gonk
I would also go for convicts because of there abillity to show some form of personality, and with them you might be able to breed them if you want to.
scream gonk scream  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff