Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
English verse Jap. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which version do u like better?
  english
  jap.
  never saw the other
  doesnt matter
View Results

Neo_Nightangale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm
I would have to say English because I don't belive I heard it in Japanese before  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:14 am
Neo_Nightangale
I would have to say English because I don't belive I heard it in Japanese before

u should go to youtube and check out the difference. its kinda cool to see how we have taken certain things out and how the voices changed the personality of the characters  

crazy_chick55313

Le Black Lace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:40 am
I prefer the English as it's the one that I grew up with and I can actually understand it. I haven't watched past the first two series though as I hate how Serena's voice changes though in the third series, I think I'll have to watch the last three series in Japanese...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:06 pm
The english dubbed version was on TV when I was young. I could not understand what was going on. I watched the jap version then the dubbed version. The dubbed version stunk. gonk  

supersailorpeach

AnimeFangirl15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:46 pm
moriko7
Japanese, definitely. I've seen both, but now that I've seen the Japanese, I can't stand to watch the dub. They ruined everything. In my opinion, the voices are annoying and some don't even fit the characters - Luna isn't supposed to sound like an old lady - and they took so much out of it that parts don't even make sense anymore. It was originally supposed to be more for teenagers, but they tried to make it into a little kids' show. They took out whole episodes, and they never even dubbed season five, even though without it you never find out what happened with Nehellennia in season four.

It was targeted twords the same age group in America as it was in Japan.
Back on topic, I like the Japanese version better.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:40 pm
I have watched all the eps of sailor moon in japanese..but there were times were I couldnt find some eps and I listened to the english one..its not so good..same with other languages..maybe its beacuse I like japanese xd  

Kaman-chan

x Amethyst Rose x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 am
To be honest, I could never truly hate the English dub version because I grew up with it and it's part of my childhood xD but at the same time, I really like the original version as well heart  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff