Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Some Stuffies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:59 am
I made this about a month ago for a swap on Craftster. It was my first time using this pattern (it's a Simplicity pattern). The head came out a little small, but I was still really happy with it.

User Image
User Image

The little white is one that I had, but the eyes got eaten by my dog, so I just took him apart and replaced the eyes. I also used his little body as a template to try and make my own. I used an old sock-the butt came out huge, but I think that was the stretch of the sock.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 am
Aww! I love the bird! xd  

beetroot-fallout

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 am
Nice. I think the sock puppies need some more stuffing, especially in the face - unless they are supposed to be like that.

The bird is cool: keep up with some other colors, such as bright blues, greens, and reds. Keep your pet(s) away from the birds, lol!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:15 pm
Thanks.

The puppies are really mushy and they have some "sculpting" done to make the faces a little more squished.

I want to make more of those parrots in some other colors-something a little brighter. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the purple is actual sparkly fabric.

For the Love of Animal Crossing - A Blog

KiwiDragon

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:09 pm
Oh my gosh, you made that? Wow. I love the little parrot dude. He's awesome. Have you named him yet? I wanna learn how to make little animals like that! Oh my gosh, it's so cute! heart Ahh! It's adorable!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm
heart heart heart heart heart
Those are adorable.
The only sock animal I ever made was the three-headed dog from Harry Potter for a school project... it didn't turn out very well...  

bookaholic

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:14 pm
Green_crayon42
Oh my gosh, you made that? Wow. I love the little parrot dude. He's awesome. Have you named him yet? I wanna learn how to make little animals like that! Oh my gosh, it's so cute! heart Ahh! It's adorable!

Thank you. Since I didn't end up keeping the parrot, I didn't give it a name. I don't know if the receiver named it or not. question I love stuffies, so I finally motivated myself to learn how to make some. I still need a lot of practice, but it's fun. Give it a try.

bookaholic
heart heart heart heart heart
Those are adorable.
The only sock animal I ever made was the three-headed dog from Harry Potter for a school project... it didn't turn out very well...

That sounds really cool! Even if it didn't turn out how you planned-it's a start. I don't know that I would attempt something like that yet. I'm not a huge fan of working with socks really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:20 pm
I just got that parrot pattern and I'm looking forward to using it! (commissions have to come before play though)
Yours came out great, I can't wait to make my own!  

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:07 pm
I would totally buy that! Omgosh I wish I had the pattern!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 am
Looks great!  

Catcheen
Crew

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 am
You can get it off ebay, that's how I got mine.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=simplicity+parrot+pattern&_sacat=See-All-Categories  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:25 pm
haha that's way cool! i've never made a plushie.  

ediboyo

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm
They're a lot of fun to make, you should definitely give it a try!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:48 am
The parrot is really awesome! I love your sock puppy too. whee  

Sweet Imaginary Friend

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 pm

That's where I got mine. I got a pattern for some dragons also, but I haven't attempted them yet.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games