Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Hopeful Musings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steadfast Hope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 pm
Teaser

Seventh Day, of the Second Month, in the Year of Latym's Blessing-

She has gotten worse. This is my fault. I am convinced of it now. It is all my fault. I shouldn't have taken her there. Shouldn't have convinced her to come. Shouldn't have tried to touch it.

But it was so beautiful. I...I had to.

Father has tried everything. Every healer, from every known (and unknown) methods on the Lands. But she's only getting worse. It started as a mere fatigue. Something that was gone after a moment. But now...some days...she hasn't the strength to get out of bed. She stares through me. Like I was some common boy. Not her brother. Not her second half. I have to do something. I have to go back. I have to find that...thing...again. I have to help Katya.

No matter what the cost.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:50 pm
Story

From the time the world took it's first breath, it was divided in two. Land and Sea. Like most worlds, it began in an easy sort of peace, with the two races celebrating feasts upon the shore under the Moon's full face, but as time went on, greed and sorrow plunged the groups into each his own world to pursue their futures.

To the House of Dominic, High Lord of the Sands, was born a set of twins, male and female. As was custom, the children were blessed on the night of the first full moon, and it seemed the night was filled with such promise, that it was said that these would be the children to unite the worlds again. They grew in a time of plenty and joy, knowing no boundaries, except one. They were not to go to the eastern shore, for that, as stories went, was where the Seafolk walked the earth, looking for terrible children to steal. But Adrian was a curious child, and Katya never left his side.

When they found the shore, away from watching eyes, under the cover of night, they saw a form. A creature, half dead in the sand. It's beauty was monsterous and terrible, and Adrian reached out to touch it. Her stomach, vaguely clothed in scales, fluttered in rapid gasps at the foriegn air, her dark eyes darting and shifting focus. Her skin seemed to steal every wild ray of the moon and shoot it back in a sort of determined fury. Adrian had to touch it. Like an animal cornered in fear, the form snarled and lashed at the boy. Katya, however, pushed her twin aside not a moment too soon, and suffered the blow herself. The two children ran from the beach that night, and never spoke of it again.

For years there was no consequence. The wounds healed without anything more than a scar, and Katya and Adrian never thought a second thing of it. Until Katya began to fall ill. As time went by, and her symptoms grew worse, Adrian began to fear it was not something that the Land Physicians could heal. He began walking the shores once again, looking for the creature.

When the king hears first of his daughter's illness, then of his son's disappearance, he immediately knows that the Sea is responsible, and moves to create an army strong enough to defeat them. Walls begin to spring up around the shores. He begins to pull in any known men of skill to find his son, and to try to heal his daughter.  

Steadfast Hope

Steadfast Hope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:52 pm
Rules

First, those rules we all know and love....

1. Stick to Gaia TOS.
2. No God-modding or auto-hitting. You're better than that.
3. Keep all posts PG-13.
4. No one liners. Have at least a decent paragraph, or have an angry Hope on your heels. domokun
5. When killing another character, you must obtain both their and my own permission before committing your lethal deed.
6. Send all profiles to me. We will do necessary edits and then I will give you the thumbs up to post.
7. Title all PM's with La Luna D'Catchatori. Spell it correctly.
8. Keep cursing to a minimum. Expand your vocabulary. It's possible, I promise.
9. Keep all OOC to a minimum as well. There are specific threads for our random talks of mashed potatoes and your favorite boy band. That place is not here.
10. If you must, however, stick with {{!}}, ((!)), or [[!]]
11. As always, I reserve the right to edit any of these rules.

Now...the extreme peeves of Hope.

1. There is a distinct "3 strikes, you're out" rule here. I will definitely tell you you're in a dangerous place before kicking you out, but lets not test my limits, eh?

2. Read up. I'm a busy gal, I don't have time to give everyone a hundred summaries every 15 seconds. So keep up, or leave.

3. I always have a distinct plan with my RPs. So, communication is key. I love input, and I welcome yours. But don't surprise me. I hate surprises. Give me a holler, and we'll do our best to make it fit.

4. Try to post relatively often. However, I understand the nature of Real Life, so let me know if you're going to be gone for more than three days.

A few character suggestions...

1. Have your own story going. It helps. But if it becomes massive, run it by me before acting on it.

2. The High Lord Dominic is gathering people to both find his son, and to heal his daughter. So search an occupation for that to start building your character. I will be helping you perfect your characters for my own evil purposes. biggrin

**I know it appears that I swim in a sea of rules, but believe me- it is for the sakes of our sanity. We all want a successful RP, and both extensive organization and clear communication of my expectations will get us there. ((Whoo-hoo Alliteration!)) Also, I figure the bukoos of rules scare away all the crazies. If you made it this far, congrats. We'll have fun.**

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:53 pm
Profiles

I'm going to be particular about my profiles and how they're set up. Its for your benefit later, so trust me.

1. Do not just copy/paste. I need certain words bolded, and if you want in, you don't want to cause me added frustration. biggrin So. Instead, click quote, and copy the profile skeleton that way. Makes everyone happy. And we like happy.

2. Post your profile in the color which you will post your work. You can pick a color here. In addition, each of your extra characters will need to have a separate voice, or color. If they are going to become a permanent character, then send me another profile. If they are just a filler character for your inner motives, then you may just use another color for their voice. Everyone must use separate colors, so pay attention.

Premades/Reserved:

Katya Dominic

Adrian Dominic

Lord Dominic

Profile Skeleton
Gaian Name:
Character Name:
Personality:
Weaknesses:
Weapon:
Bio:
Appearance:  

Steadfast Hope

Steadfast Hope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:58 pm
As a general note, do not post profiles, or anything of that nature in this thread. This is merely a way for me to organize my thoughts in a quiet corner before kicking off an actual RP. If there is a more appropriate place for me to do this, holler and I will gladly move this thread. However. If you have an opinion about this thread, whether or not you'd be interested, feel free to leave a little note. Either with constructive critisim or something of a similar sort. Keep it happy. biggrin

Steadfast Hope

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 pm
A Story idea from a random brainfart that lead to constructeral diaheria

In the semi-state of wakefulness and slumber there is another part of you that merges from your subconcious and can be just as similar or as opposite as any other human being. These entities are neither living nor dead. Mearily a coperal manufastion. Some are unaware of these beings, they are nothing more than a figment of ones imagination. Some see these beings as signs of God or even the Devil himself. There are a rare few who have the ability to give these beings physical presence in the world. Making things bend to their will or even conjure the being into the material plane outright. These beings come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, species and even colours. Created by the whims of the darkest and deepest parts of the subconsious.

But sometimes, sleeping demons are best left sleeping.

These being have power, some abuse it just like a human would abuse theirs. Bending it, twisting it and corrupting it with furry and powerlust. Should the dark aspects of these being find their own sence of selves they may even find a way to break through into the material relm and put their creators into a never ending sleep-state that they may never wake up from. While the being grows more powerful, the poor soul is trapped in a timeless limbo until the end of the world or the death of the being.

One such soul is unfortuante enough to be a victume of this, and to make matters worse. it calls to others of its species. A call of war, to bring forth a new era where these beings will rome free and humans will be trapped in their never ending nightmares.

There is one hope.

There are those that have a strong friendship with these beings, even falling in love with them. These beings are those that would defy the one pulling strings and calling to war with their own shout of retalition. a defience of this inhuman slavery and while the rest of the world remains blissfully unaware there is a shadow war going on under their noses. A war that will result in the future of humanity. Human kind teeters at the brink and the war could very well erupt into something far more horrendous. It is time to ally with your subconscious and find friends that share your odd blessings. Its time to let your beings cast their spells and humans to say their prayers.
The time for the Dreamers is now.

Pray for victory or pray for death!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 pm
Steadfast Hope
Teaser

Seventh Day, of the Second Month, in the Year of Latym's Blessing-

She has gotten worse. This is my fault. I am convinced of it now. It is all my fault. I shouldn't have taken her there. Shouldn't have convinced her to come. Shouldn't have tried to touch it.

But it was so beautiful. I...I had to.

Father has tried everything. Every healer, from every known (and unknown) methods on the Lands. But she's only getting worse. It started as a mere fatigue. Something that was gone after a moment. But now...some days...she hasn't the strength to get out of bed. She stares through me. Like I was some common boy. Not her brother. Not her second half. I have to do something. I have to go back. I have to find that...thing...again. I have to help Katya.

No matter what the cost.

Steadfast Hope

Steadfast Hope

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:35 pm
In Exchange for Forever

There are many who would bargain the world for another breath, another moment upon this Earth. Arielle Theadren was one of them. In the single thought, that eternal moment where she watched her last breath floating above her eyes, she was given a choice.
What would you do for Forever?

But Death is cruel in it's playful games, and the life it offers is not near as sweet as it's prior form. She awoke, bound to her new role, restricted to be a mere observer of the world she so desperately wished to stay in, finding that in place of her own heartbeat, in place of her own life, she must watch the fading lives of the world. Arielle has a distinct knowledge of how many heartbeats an individual has left, and when that number strikes zero, it is her newfound responsibility to claim them.

What would you do for another chance?

*Did it for her daughter.
*Husband was already lost.
*Gifted?

*How do I make this more open to the world??  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games