Penelope Hayes
  Henry Schoonmaker
  Lina Broud
  Will Keller
  Other
View Results

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm
I got The Luxe for Christmas and thought it was pretty good. I got Rumors on Friday and couldn't put it down! It's nice when the sequel surpasses the original book.

I really like Diana and Elizabeth... but I can't help liking Penelope as well. It's so easy to like characters when you get the viewpoint of each one! However, Lina continues to annoy me a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 am
What's it about? I feel like I've heard of it before...  

penandpaper67
Captain

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:08 pm
It's about a girl living in 19th century New York who needs to marry someone to save her family although she's in love with another man... and her fiancé is in love with her younger sister... I'll give you a review from Amazon since I don't do a good job explaining books.

A big, sumptuous tale of catty girls, dark secrets and windswept romance unfurls in this compulsively readable novel of late-19th-century New York City socialites. Godbersen weaves a tenuous web of deceit, backstabbing and pretense that follows four teens: Elizabeth Holland, a prim and proper lady of old-money society, is betrothed to one man, though furtively loves another; Henry Schoonmaker, a debauched playboy who must marry Elizabeth or be disinherited; Diana Holland, Elizabeth’s younger sister who is in love with her fiancé; and Penelope Hayes, a member of the nouveau riche who will stop at nothing to win Henry’s affections. As Elizabeth and Henry’s wedding approaches, the spectacle unfolds in a wondrously grandiose scene, making for a fun, though not entirely unexpected dénouement. A delicious new twist along the Gossip Girl vein, readers will clamor for this sharp, smart drama of friends, lovers, lies and betrayal.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 pm
I love this series! It's a secret pleasure, like Gossip Girl. Needless, it's amazing with so many plots contricting each other, making me love it more.  

Trinity of Light

Sparkly Fairy

Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces