Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
Legend of the Seeker Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 pm
As to what channel? i do not know. I heard it was going to be on Sci-Fi and I would guess if not Sci-Fi, then ABC cause of Disneys part in this. Can anyone confirm?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Well there is a huge problem with the channel and time it will be released. You see they have it set up as a syndicated television series so different stations have purchased the right from ABC/Disney to broadcast the show. From what I've seen, most of it has been picked up by either your local WGN or CW station depending on what's available to you. I'm going to create a thread that will detail known showtimes and station.

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 am
They call me...

Oh dear god my vision of the characters is shattered. ;-;

-shniffs-

I doubt I'll be watching it, at all. >.< Unless someone suddenly buys me the first season for a present or something when it comes out.

...Mister Bunbuns~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 pm
Awww.

You can't really judge it 'til you see it though. I don't think it's fair to the people who put in all the hard work just for us fans. Terry included.

I will be watching it because despite any visions I had, and despite whatever happens, I'm a fan 'til the end.

surprised heart

sabre_sword
Captain

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 pm
They call me...

Not meh. :3

-hides again for another long time 'cause the guild hasn't had much activiteh- x3

...Mister Bunbuns~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:02 pm
Man, I've been out of the loop for a while T.T Didn't know the series was starting in November!! Can't wait to see it! Hopefully this wont change the image I have in my head about the characters from the book. mrgreen  

JFisk

sabre_sword
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:54 am
I expect my image to change, even maybe want it too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:18 pm
Would have been nice if they called it Sword of Truth. My guess is Goodkind didn't want them to mess up his big baby (hehehehhehehe. I wouldn't if it was my book) so he told them that in order to get the rights to make it, they had to change the title?  

Phanari

DarkRubberDucky

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:41 am
User Image And On the Night of All Hallows Eve...

I think the title is okay. At least its not a retarded change. I kinda like it, in a way. But I stayed up late last night to watch the Making of a Legend thing on the CM39 (the channel in my area it will be playing on) and I was actually annoyed that they say Kahlan has the Book of Counted Shadows. But hey, I guess I just need to watch. I was all excited, but I still hold onto the belief that the guy playing Richard is just too damn young. I've always thought of him and Kahlan being in their mid-20s. It seems just right somehow. But, hey, whatever. It looks good enough.

They make a rather convincing couple, which is a plus.
There Will Be Blood. Oh, Yes. There Will Be Blood.User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:30 am
sabre_sword
Awww.

You can't really judge it 'til you see it though. I don't think it's fair to the people who put in all the hard work just for us fans. Terry included.

I will be watching it because despite any visions I had, and despite whatever happens, I'm a fan 'til the end.

surprised heart

Yea even though its not the same as my vision (especially Kahlan having the book of counted shadows) Im really excited to watch it. Yay for us fans

Im glad they changed the title too, give a nice separation from the books so I can imagine them as 2 separate but good things ^_^

I hope it encourages alot more people to read the books too.

Miki Hikari
Crew

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:49 am
DarkRubberDucky
User Image And On the Night of All Hallows Eve...

I think the title is okay. At least its not a retarded change. I kinda like it, in a way. But I stayed up late last night to watch the Making of a Legend thing on the CM39 (the channel in my area it will be playing on) and I was actually annoyed that they say Kahlan has the Book of Counted Shadows. But hey, I guess I just need to watch. I was all excited, but I still hold onto the belief that the guy playing Richard is just too damn young. I've always thought of him and Kahlan being in their mid-20s. It seems just right somehow. But, hey, whatever. It looks good enough.

They make a rather convincing couple, which is a plus.
There Will Be Blood. Oh, Yes. There Will Be Blood.User Image

THANK YOU! I wholly agree with you when you say Richard looks too young. Too young and too thin.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 am
I was rather disappointed by this Richard's stature (or lack thereof). It's one thing if he was the best actor for the part they could find; I could understand that. But it still makes me a little uneasy that Richard is suddenly shorter than Zedd... He could still be an effective fighter, but his fighting style would have to change. A shorter, leaner version of Richard ought to depend more on speed and agility than on pure strength...that might actually work. But it looks like they're trying to keep the same fighting style, so it makes no sense at all.

And, as an additional complaint...WHY IS DARKEN RAHL NOT BLOND!!!????  

Samurai_Honto

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:20 pm
Samurai_Honto
I was rather disappointed by this Richard's stature (or lack thereof). It's one thing if he was the best actor for the part they could find; I could understand that. But it still makes me a little uneasy that Richard is suddenly shorter than Zedd... He could still be an effective fighter, but his fighting style would have to change. A shorter, leaner version of Richard ought to depend more on speed and agility than on pure strength...that might actually work. But it looks like they're trying to keep the same fighting style, so it makes no sense at all.

And, as an additional complaint...WHY IS DARKEN RAHL NOT BLOND!!!????

I'm with you 1000000% buddy. Its just all wrong. Its completely unacceptable for Darken Rahl to not be blonde. And Richard is supposed to be a big, powerful guy. I'm not talking huge, but he's still pretty big and actually, yes, he should be ripped. Countless times throughout the series he has shown his strength, even barehanded. Nothing good can come from this series.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 pm
sabre_sword
Awww.

surprised heart

Ditto, Sabre, Luv. I;m still watching it out of my undying love for Terry Goodkind. Though it's not a thing like the book, it's still very entertaining.  

Phanari

Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces