Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
is there a catagory for people who know whats at the end?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is there a catagory ?
  yes
  i dont know but ill check
View Results

KCXerro013

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:52 pm
Check this out.... i have died before so i know what happens

nothing .... absolutly nothing .... i was dead for 30 minutes but its was like a split second to me , i didnt see any white light at the end of a tunnel , no one from my family was there waiting for me , no pearly gates or fiery pit of hell.

the only thing i saw was my friends laughing at me when i got up , and i had a seizure when i came back ( im guessing its from my heart and brain restarting ... any ways 0

but is there a catagory for people who have seen the end and found out that there is nothing to be afraid of or to look forward to ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:52 am
I think you would still be Atheist because a few of my fellow atheist friends do believe there is nothing after death. And now you know for sure, and since you saw no white light or holy figure...why should your belifs change?  

Crooked_Lamb

Edi Gammon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:44 pm
The category you are now a member of:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zombie!

lol j/k  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:34 pm
LMAO I feel bad for laughing but that sounds true...necromancy is a possibility for your resurection!!

*Covers face in hands , if I was christian I would burn for this!!!  

Crooked_Lamb

Edi Gammon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:02 am
Lyoko_Alchemist
LMAO I feel bad for laughing but that sounds true...necromancy is a possibility for your resurection!!

*Covers face in hands , if I was christian I would burn for this!!!

LOL If you're not Christian, you're gonna burn anyhow! (at least that's what they think)

KCXerro013, how did you come to be dead for 30 minutes? How do you know for sure that you were dead, and how did you come back to life? If you were 'brain dead' it means your brain was not functioning and there's no way you could remember anything during that time anyhow. Wouldn't that explain why the time felt like a split second? Did you suffer any brain damage? From what I understand, if the brain goes for longer than about 6 minutes without oxygen it will start to die, unless it's been cooled to much lower than body temperature (slows down the chemical reactions). It sounds like a great story that you could get on Oprah or Larry King with!

Inquiring minds want to know! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm
KCXerro013
Check this out.... i have died before so i know what happens

nothing .... absolutly nothing .... i was dead for 30 minutes but its was like a split second to me , i didnt see any white light at the end of a tunnel , no one from my family was there waiting for me , no pearly gates or fiery pit of hell.

the only thing i saw was my friends laughing at me when i got up , and i had a seizure when i came back ( im guessing its from my heart and brain restarting ... any ways 0

but is there a catagory for people who have seen the end and found out that there is nothing to be afraid of or to look forward to ?

You're either lying or exaggerating by a lot... the human brain is outright brain-dead if the organ is without oxygen for more than 12 minutes, if you are starved of oxygen for 3 minutes, meaning either not breathing or heart not pumping for 3 minutes parts of the brain start dying, after 4 minutes, there is irreversible brain damage, after 9 minutes you would be nothing more than a vegetable.

The reason I know this is I was technically dead for about two and half minutes, I agree there was nothing but black, if felt like I simply skipped over those two minutes. Luckily I came round from CPR.

The category you're looking for is called "Lucky Bastards". But honestly, I'm calling you're bluff, because I don't believe you've actually been in that situation.  

Tornado_Creator

Asterisk07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 pm
Edi Gammon
The category you are now a member of:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zombie!

lol j/k

Yay, then that makes me a zombie also. I've been temperarily dead a couple of times. All for desieze and problems after being born(both many years apart)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 pm
Now you can tell everybody you're a zombie. Put it on your resume lol

zommmmbbbbbiiiiiiieeeee!

And yep ur an atheist. Unless you believe god would like, not have a heaven or hell?  

Serendipity Splendor

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:41 pm
The same thing happened to a friend of mine. He knows there's no after-life because he died and was resusitated by EMT's.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games