Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Summer Blockbuster Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of these movies have you watched?
  Iron Man
  Indiana Jones 4
  Kung Fu Panda
  Prince Caspian
  Sex and the City
  The Dark Knight
  Hulk
  Hancock
  All(some) of the above or others
  none!
View Results

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:20 pm
*Imagines Johnny Depp channelling Ledger's personality* My gosh, that would be an amazing performance. Many people would pay big money just to see how that film copes with losing Ledger in the middle of filming. Do they keep the scenes that Ledger was in and fill in the rest? Or do they digitally replace him?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 am
I heard about Hancock after finding a commercial on YouTube in March. It looked really good but...when I actually saw the movie itself after I came back from, it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. But, it was good, nonetheless.

Iron Man was...beyond words. Tony Stark was hilarious. People talk about his drug (?) problems in the past sometimes, then comparing to how he was in Iron Man. x]

I saw Hulk before seeing Hancock, when school was still in session. People said it was better then the first one, but I can't say since I've never seen it. Hulk was awesome. "HULK SMASH!" It was especially great when Tony Stark from Iron Man come in at the end. 8D And then something going on about the Avenger's something...or...something? D:

Prince Caspian. I saw it after seeing The first one the night before. =D It was good, not as good as the first one. The movie is called Prince Caspian, but he didn't seem to be very important. The scene at the end made me giggle. x3 Haven't read the books, though.

ROFL. I saw Kung Fu Panda with my siblings when I was in HK. I saw it in Cantonese. xD We got bad seats. We were close to the front. D: My eyes hurt.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:46 am
You guys have to see Tropic Thunder! (for those who are 18 or older) rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 pm
Oh I've heard about that film. Isn't Robert Downey Jr. playing an Australian actor who completely blackens his skin to play and African-American?  

Minielf

mymiridon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 pm
omg I want to see tropic thunder sooo bad! lol I <3 ben stiller XDD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm
^ It looks alright actually. And if jack black's in it then it must be good. razz

Going off on a tangent now...

I saw The Pianist yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has anybody else seen this rather poignant depiction of wartime Poland?  

Tokioka

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:07 am
Minielf
Oh I've heard about that film. Isn't Robert Downey Jr. playing an Australian actor who completely blackens his skin to play and African-American?
Correct. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:47 pm
i remember one thing from the trailers, "I'm the dude who plays the dude pretending to be another dude!"

@toki: no I haven't, but I probably will soon at one of those campus movie events.  

mymiridon

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces