Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon Predesecor ....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor V Babe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Honestly... How many people have actually read :
Codename wa: Sailor V
because it was created before Sailor Moon and was used to invent Sailor Moon.

and for those of you who don't know what Sailor V is.. then let me make it short
Codename wa: Sailor V is the story of a girl named Aino Minako (Mina), one day she meets a talking white cat named Artemis who tells her that she has the power to save the world and he gives her a magical Crescent Compact and Henshin Pen which she uses to turn into the Beautiful Sailor Suited Soldier of Love, Beauty, and Justice : Sailor V and fight crime/evil.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:38 pm
I read the first half or two thirds before I got bored. It's good enough, just a bit repetetive, at least compared to Sailor Moon.

Sailor V didn't have much of a plot. It was like a very long prolgue(sp) to Sailor Moon. Yay. I defeat enemies. Again. And again. And again. Monster-of-the-day plots shouldn't be in manga form. At least not for a long period of time.  

GoddessOfTheDream

5,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

FantasyFollower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:58 pm
Really? Interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 pm
I have to say that I didn't find out about it until I got into Sailor Moon and at that point I wasn't interested in finding out about what Minako did before she was Sailor Venus...when I could just look it up on Wikipedia and be done with it.  

Aria Hisamoto

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 pm
I read some of it. The torrent I used to get the manga didn't have much of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am
I haven't gotten to read it yet, at some point I'd like to.  

Princess Makoto Kino

cruzcorzo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 pm
I've herd of it and I have it on my computer to read it but I don't know I just haven't read it yet. Is it worth it? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:19 am
i heard of it, but never bothered to read it  

orphics

Sir_David_of_Fairborn

Distinct Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:22 pm
Isn't there something that she was in England  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:45 pm
I LOVE it, my favorite issue is the one where she fought luga in the video game, and Amano had to play the game to help Sailor V. OH! And the one where she kicked that geek whose name escapes me. And the one where she took out Wan-wan. (That was NUTS)

The whole thing with Ace Kaitou was sad.

Spoiler: Ace is an a*****e who acts as a helper, ala Tuxedo Mask, but in reality is a former foot soldier of the 4 Generals. He fell in love with Venus back on the Silver Millenium, but she was in love with Kunzite. Ace battled to the death with Sailor V as she became Sailor VENUS, and then he fell over a cliff. She grabbed his hand, but he was dying. He "cursed" her to NEVER find true love, and then he dispersed. (EW) Luckily, his curse amounts to poo poo, as in Parallel Sailormoon, Venus is married and has a daughter, Mina aka Sailor Parallel Venus.end spoiler.  

Codename Sailor Earth

Lady Sedia Auvryarn

Friendly Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:13 am
Sir_David_of_Fairborn
Isn't there something that she was in England

Sailor V lived in England so thats where it was set.

Codename Sailor Earth

Spoiler: Ace is an a*****e who acts as a helper, ala Tuxedo Mask, but in reality is a former foot soldier of the 4 Generals. He fell in love with Venus back on the Silver Millenium, but she was in love with Kunzite. Ace battled to the death with Sailor V as she became Sailor VENUS, and then he fell over a cliff. She grabbed his hand, but he was dying. He "cursed" her to NEVER find true love, and then he dispersed. (EW) Luckily, his curse amounts to poo poo, as in Parallel Sailormoon, Venus is married and has a daughter, Mina aka Sailor Parallel Venus.end spoiler.

I have serious doubts that Venus ever loved Kunzite, not that I have ever read the actual manga so who knows but in all my reading about the manga it never came up. If it has anything to do with that darn picture... Also Parallell Sailor Moon isn't canon as its in another dimension or what not so the curse still stands on our Venus, which I think is a good think because as Naoko said it allows her to focus on her mission rather than romance which she was having trouble deciding on which was more important to her.

Anyways, like I said haven't actually read the manga word for word, but I have read about it enough that I could get along in a discussion hehe smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:56 pm
Sailor V was also a video game in the show and became a movie in the show..
weird huh?  

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items