Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Wedding Pillow :3 -Update-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:03 pm
My sister is getting married this week. ^_^ I hope it's amazing for her. crying I wish I could go *cries* ((My adoptive mom won't let me go, enough said.))

My biological mom (Yes, I am adopted, my biological parents haven't been together in soooo long xD ) and my sister asked me to make my sister's wedding pillow (The pillow you carry the rings on). It can't be used in the official part because of too many horror stories of 4yr old boys using the wedding pillows as frisbees and whatnot and the ribbons getting knotted and stuck ^^; But it will be there in the wedding, just not when the little kid carries it *nods* :3

Sorry, the pics are prolly huge and this may be a bit pic heavy ^^;;;

I embroidered everything by hand and then stitched the pillow together with my Singer. The heart design on the bottom is the design used on the wedding invitation, and the names at the top are my sister and my soon to be big brother. And yes, I'm pretty new to embroidery, and Yes, I know I suck at embroidering words. crying ;; I hadn't slept in over 24 hours when I finished the first name so that explains why the 'b' is messed up but I don't know how I did it xDD I like was embroidering the B and then somehow I suddenly was embroidering the E....>_>;; Enough about that...Onto the pics now....

Update:
My sister got it in the mail today. :3 She loves it ^_^

And yes, the material the pillow is made out of is Satin.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 am
That's so sweet of you, I think it's great that your biological sister asked you to donate something to her special day, even if you couldn't be there yourself.  

Twill Hat

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:21 am
^_^ I was really happy to be asked to make it. It was fun to make -^^-
My sister will most likely get it tomorrow *nods*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:59 am

To be honest, you really should've made a few practice pillows first. It's really sweet of you to do something for your sister, but I wouldn't have my ring carried on that. confused

sa-mi-ra

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:36 pm
Well then lucky for my sister I guess. =/ She's not actually having her ring carried on it. Too many horror stories of little kids using the ring pillow as a frisbee or the rings getting stuck in the ribbons. It'll be in the ceremony or something but it's not actually going to be used in the actual part when the rings get carried. I didn't have enough time to do practice pillows. Heck, I was so slow on embroidering I almost didn't have enough time to finish this one..
I realize I suck at embroidering, letters especially, but I'm still new to it. -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:04 am
Chibi Kiku-chan
Well then lucky for my sister I guess. =/ She's not actually having her ring carried on it. Too many horror stories of little kids using the ring pillow as a frisbee or the rings getting stuck in the ribbons. It'll be in the ceremony or something but it's not actually going to be used in the actual part when the rings get carried. I didn't have enough time to do practice pillows. Heck, I was so slow on embroidering I almost didn't have enough time to finish this one..
I realize I suck at embroidering, letters especially, but I'm still new to it. -_-

At least you got some practice doing the embroidery. mrgreen  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:33 pm
Knit Happens
At least you got some practice doing the embroidery. mrgreen

^^; True  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 am
Bah. While sa-mi-ra judges with her honest opinion, I wonder if she realizes how hard something like that truly is to do. No offense, sa-mi-ra.

I think the embroidery is fantastic. If you people have never done embroidery before, you'd find it's surprisingly not as easy as you think. The material has a REALLY bad habit of puckering in places around the stitching, and especially in the case of something 3-D like a pillow, it can make it look quite awkward. Especially on material as smooth and slick as satin, which is bad to pucker when stitched anyway.

I think it's great. *thumbs up*  

Strawbryrain

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:59 pm
^_^ Thank you  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 am
I think it's adorable! It's a shame the ring won't be carried on it, I'd have wanted my ring on it, just to show how much I loved it and appreciated it~  

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items