Reply Instruments and Vocals
Bassists and Cellists!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

voice of the meadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Since there are already two threads for violin, I thought that I would make threads for my noble instruments, the bass and cello. ^^

So. Are there any other bassists/cellists here? We'll find out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:07 pm
I play electric bass normally but i love playing upright basses. I love the sound of a bass although they rarley get interesting parts.  

bass lad

Jaydoggy

Eloquent Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:27 pm
bass lad
I play electric bass normally but i love playing upright basses. I love the sound of a bass although they rarley get interesting parts.

Indeed it's quite sad. The main reason for that though was because it wasn't until the later part of the 19th century that the basses and cellos were the louder ones we know today. Before that they were very quiet, and not very powerful, especially when it was with gut strings. More recently though there have been a number of pieces featuring more bass works. At my university there's one teacher in particular who gives regular performances of new bass works, some are insane in how technically difficult they are.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:34 pm
I play both electric bass and cello. And elementary level double bass.  

fuzzym

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

GusterGerm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:42 pm
Cello, but I'm already working on Can-can, even though I only started a few weeks ago with about 10 lessons. BAHAHA!!! XD That's 7th grade level, or apparently 'intermediate' level for my school. I'm in advanced strings, but there are a few beginners. I've written a few pieces, but only the beginnings are good...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:55 am
voice of the meadow
Since there are already two threads for violin, I thought that I would make threads for my noble instruments, the bass and cello. ^^

So. Are there any other bassists/cellists here? We'll find out.

So yeah i play the cello, bass, trombone and tuba

----------------
Now playing: Final Fantasy - Isn't It Beautiful?
via FoxyTunes  

xX bd_emo Xx

svaler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm
I play the string bass. And I'm the only person in my entire grade who does so.

I take pride in what the school maestro said during our most recent contest/concert. "When you lose your place, listen to (my name). The bass is the metronome of the orchestra."
And,
"(my name), always make sure to keep the beat, because everyone else relies on you to do that."

And I get to sit on the special bass stool.
I have noticed more bass and cello works appearing recently. It's a good thing, too.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 pm
I tried the stand up bass once...it was too big! Even so, I love the bass, especially bass guitar. Many Japanese rock bands consist of a vocalist, a drummer, two guitarists, and a bassist. The bass solos are so smexy!

I've always wanted to try the cello. I was really small and my mom wouldn't let me try it when I was little. Otherwise, I would have definitely started out on the cello. It's such a beautiful instrument. ^.^

Symphonic Tragedy

Worst December

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:03 pm
I play double bass! ^^

I have no idea what level I play though. = I've never had formal lessons.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 pm
What do bassists and cellilests do?  

flamingrice

[.The Rejected Spork.]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 am
flamingrice
What do bassists and cellilests do?

Uhm.
Bassists play the bass, and cellists play the cello.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm
I have a music man 4 string fretless stingray with cello strings.

I have an Ibanez 405 QM 5 string fretted

I have a cheap Ibanez acoustic bass guitar.

And Im 400 dollars away from my 5 string electric stand up. 3200 dollars of pure 5 string stand up sex.  

Luno-chan

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 am
I'm primarilly a composer, vocalist and guitarist, however, I took up bass guitar two years ago when I was writing a particularly bass-heavy jazz piece.

entry-level bass guitar came naturally to me, as a guitarist, and I was quickly taking on all the things that guitarists don't really do so much (slap bass, and some of the more intricate finger techniques) which led me to buy a fretless and a setup that I could get to sound a lot like a double bass if I tried.

I long to get my hands on my own upright, but damn, those things are expensive, even crap ones!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 am
I play cello. It's my major instrument in college. (:  

thequietwriter

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

genfe

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm
I play Double Bass smile I do play a tiny amount of eletric bass as well, but I like the double bass' feel and sound more. 3nodding I started out with the double bass first, actually, then got to eletric a few weeks ago.

I've been playing Double bass for a year now, and this is my second year. :3

Instruments and Vocals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff