Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply Wheel of Time Discussion
Universal Pictures Gains WoT Film Rights

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the movie when it comes out?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Master Wheel of Time
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:35 pm
User Image

Link to Variety article  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Interesting... ninja

We shall see how this goes.

Professor Inky
Captain

Hitler_was_right

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:58 pm
I'm just saying there's a 90% chance that it was Inky that posted the article as MWoT.

I'm also just saying that I have low expectations for this film and even lower ones for the comic *hangs head shamefully*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:13 am
"Well duh I posted it.
I post all WoT-related news that I find as MWoT.And I thought perhaps to kick off a little discussion by posting something too.

As do I. I doubt I'm going to even get the comic unless I find out from a good many people that it's good. But I'll probably watch the movie out of mere curiosity.
"

Professor Inky
Captain

necrosage2005

Beloved Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 pm
I'm cautiosly optimistic. Hopeing for a Lord of the Rings movie, or better really since there will be newer tech, but expecting an Eragon, or worse. That by no means means that I won't go on the opening day to see "Eye of the World." From what IMDB has listed that is supposed to be the name of the movie out in 2011, I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 pm
necrosage2005
I'm cautiosly optimistic. Hopeing for a Lord of the Rings movie, or better really since there will be newer tech, but expecting an Eragon, or worse. That by no means means that I won't go on the opening day to see "Eye of the World."

I hadn't even heard of them doing the movie, but I agree completely with you. Except the comment about LotR. Even for just hoping, that is too much of a stretch. I'm not sure how a movie CAN be worse than Eragon, but I'm sure it's possible. Somehow. eek  

Idril Nienna

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:59 am
I'll watch it just to suport it. But I don't see how that they can put that much stuff from that big of a book into a 2 to 3 hour movie. Now if Universal can go and get with HBO or Showtime and turn it into a mini series, that would be great. Or turn it into a weekly TV show like HBO is doing with George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones".  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 pm
I had no idea that they were making a movie 'till Mark told me. Sounds cool, though. I'm just hoping they don't cut a whole bunch out, like the did with the LoTR movies... stare C'mon... no Tom?  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:47 pm
I know what you mean. Tom was one of the greatest characters from LotR. I hate that they cut him and Old Man Willow out of the movies.  
Wheel of Time Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games