Writing Workshop Rules(UPDATED 8/1/09)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:17 pm
Ummm... Veiled Seraph set this all up, so I can't really say much for this. I just wanted to get a rules sticky up. So she'll probably post the general rules in a couple of places, but the blanket rules for the guild still apply (as in anything). But this is going to be a really awesome opportunity for all of you to improve your writing (and me too) and I am so grateful that Veiled Seraph thought of this! Oh, and Sera, I'm guessing you'll want to moderate this subforum, so you're welcome to do whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:54 pm
Thanks for putting this up and giving us the subforum, penandpaper! I'm so excited!

Here are the rules. Just to let you know, if they aren't followed, I might have to kick you out of the class. They aren't all that hard to follow, I'm giving a lot of license with this, so I don't think there'll be a problem.

What will happen is that every week I'll post a new writing prompt as a sticky. You will take that prompt, follow the directions, and write a piece. Sometimes it will be specified what kind of piece (poem, short story, play, etc.) and sometimes I'll let you do what you will. The prompts can also be abstract, so be creative! That's what this is for: the spawning of creativity. In a few weeks it should be dripping out our pores, there'll be so much!

You don't have to participate every week (though I hope you do!).

Easy to understand? Good!

New rule: Please post your piece for the week in a new thread entitled 'Prompt (whichever prompt number it is). This will allow an easier way to keep track of and organize the pieces.

The at-a-glance rules:
1. Be creative!
2. Have fun.
3. Be nice to your fellow writers; keep all criticism constructive!
4. I'm not going to censor your pieces, but please include a warning if it's more graphic, though I would rather you kept it within good taste.
5. Try your best, but don't belittle yourself. Some have had more experience than others. Myself, I absolutely SUCKED at writing even a year ago. Practice makes...not perfect, but better. Enough better, and you won't NEED perfect.

If at any time you need to talk to me, with questions, comments, suggestions, anything, PM me. I'd be happy to help, and I'm always looking for suggestions!  

serephemeral
Crew

Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces