Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Iran

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"...bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" - John S. McCain
  Yes, Iran should be attacked immediately
  Iran should be attacked only if diplomacy does nothing
  Nope, no attack on Iran
View Results

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 am
How should Iran be dealt with? Should Israel strike their nuke facilities? Should the US? Should there be a strike at all?

Personally I believe Iran deserves a kick in the teeth for arming anti-Coalition terrorists in Iraq. They've fought proxy wars against Israel as well, through Hezbollah. And now they want the capability to build nukes so they can start handing them out like candy to all their attack-dogs.

Action needs to be taken. Diplomacy and sanctions are all well and good, but Iran is run my illogical religous zealots who would not hesitate to commit national suicide in order to destroy Israel. After all, they believe they'll be living it up in Paradise while the Jews burn in Hell.

They need to be removed as a threat, by force if necessary.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 am
I think that because diplomatic speeches have done nothing for the past forty years action is necessary against these people. There have been countless innocent lives lost on both sides because of terrorism and I do hope that soon peace can be restored in the middle east.  

The Hallowed Mouse

James628

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:20 pm
israel needs to attack iran befor iran attacks them  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 pm
If Israel strikes, I have a feeling it'll be while Bush is in office. Obama is softer and will be less helpful if Israel decides to take out Iran's nuclear capabilities.

If there is to be a war, I'd like to see a coordinated strike by the respective air forces of Israel and the US against Iran's nuke facilities and Revolutionary Guard bases. Basically I want their capability to support terrorists in Iraq severely damaged.  

DanskiWolf

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm
That is how I feel. Once their facilities are destroyed they won't have much to have war with, and we can begin the restructuring of their society!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:18 pm
I don't know about reconstructing/restructuring their society. I don't think America could handle another occupation with Afghanistan and Iraq needing to be won. Iran is a massive country with a big military so it won't be quite the walk in the park Saddam's army was. At the moment we just need to destroy their nuke-making capabilities and pay back the Revolutionary Guard for killing Coalition troops in Iraq.

Though I'd like to see Iran's present regime six feet under, I don't think regime-change is feasible at the moment. If we get bogged down even further in the Middle East, Russia may use it to their advantage in its imperial endeavors.  

DanskiWolf

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm
Russia has been a worry for me recently. My friend in Estonia told me that Russia was beginning to have their society collapse and said something like this would happen most likely... he's been in fear that they'll take over his country... along with the other "Ex-Satellite" nations  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 pm
The Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) are in NATO so I don't think Russia would risk it. Either way, America needs to win in Afghanistan and Iraq ASAP so they can curtail any future Russian offensives against neighboring nations.  

DanskiWolf

James628

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm
The Hallowed Mouse
That is how I feel. Once their facilities are destroyed they won't have much to have war with, and we can begin the restructuring of their society!
you also have to remember that in the iraq iran war when iraq had the 4th largest army in the world iran fended them off with just millions and millions of of people in waves of near suicidel charges that tho lacking good weapons and stratagy proved effective at buying time and making any force pay for every inch of iran taken, the there wold deffinatly be insurgents. and as for restructuring their society that is what got us in trouble in the first place, we thought iran would be a great buffer against russia so we forced them into being ruled by a sha, as good as democracy is when you force it on people who were acustomed to their own way of life they tend to see thing differantly and the radical forces begin looking more atractive thus leading to the little revolution in the 70's. i feel israel and those willing to help should strike Iran and take care of acmusomthingajad but let the people who are starting to already have a more of a prodemocracy stance decide for them selves how they should be governed wether it be monarchy or democracy or constitutional monarchy its their choice if we just force democracy on them and our way of life then eventualy it would just be a larger scale iraq for several years with hundreds of thousands of old Ayatollah supporters becoming insurgents.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:35 am
DanskiWolf
How should Iran be dealt with? Should Israel strike their nuke facilities? Should the US? Should there be a strike at all?

Personally I believe Iran deserves a kick in the teeth for arming anti-Coalition terrorists in Iraq. They've fought proxy wars against Israel as well, through Hezbollah. And now they want the capability to build nukes so they can start handing them out like candy to all their attack-dogs.

Action needs to be taken. Diplomacy and sanctions are all well and good, but Iran is run my illogical religous zealots who would not hesitate to commit national suicide in order to destroy Israel. After all, they believe they'll be living it up in Paradise while the Jews burn in Hell.

They need to be removed as a threat, by force if necessary.

I agree they need to be attacked, but I don't think we can afford another war right now. Right now, we need to try every other possible alternative before taking any military action.  

Garrett31212

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:33 am
Ehud Olmert is stepping down as Israeli PM soon and there'll probably be elections in the next couple of months. Polls show Netanyahu is likely to be elected. If that were to be the case, then he'd most definitely send planes to bomb Iran's nuke capabilities within a very short time of assuming leadership.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games