Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Do you like to RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:44 am
And that saddens me greatly.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 am
*pets* I sowwies. Anime was like a phase for me...I got really heavy into it for about a month then I went to a convention and ...I don't know something in me kind of died a bit. >_<;;;;;

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:28 am
Rini Ikataru
*pets* I sowwies. Anime was like a phase for me...I got really heavy into it for about a month then I went to a convention and ...I don't know something in me kind of died a bit. >_<;;;;;

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Bad con I guess.

For me, anime is my life.
I've been obsessed for years.
I've been to 3 anime conventions now, AFWcon.
If I don't get at least a weekly sample of it, I go stir crazy.
And if I don't have time to watch anything, I just collect pictures.

But that's just me.

You have to find a really good convention, because if you don't, it could ruin the whole experience for you. Maybe if you gave it another try, you would like it again.

Anime has something for everyone, so what types of shows do you like.
scifi - horror - comedy - romance - action (WHAT!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:55 pm
No...it wasn't the convention that ruined it. >_<;; The conventions around here are REALLY-REALLY-REALLY small. There's not really that many anime fans around. And I hate big crowds anyway...so it's not that bad. I've been to.....Four conventions I think? Three or four I can't remember.

I LOVE cosplay. Even if I'm hella fat and ugly, I still love it. >_<;; *flails*

I really can't explain it though, I've caught a few anime that I like....but then I'm just like ehhh..and I get bored of them really quick. I also am like........100% against hentai/nudity/yaoi and stuff. So...that ends up with anime fans hating me too. *shrugs* xD

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm
To each his or her own I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 am
It's overwhelming, I admit. I like a lot of anime, but I get overwhelmed by it, too. I think that's what you're talking about. If you're not as crazed by anime as my brother here, and you go to a con full of other crazed fans, it can make you feel overwhelmed and rather marginalized. First couple of times I went to a con, I loved it and missed it when it was over. This year, I just didn't feel the same. Part of that was probably because the con was different and not as good anymore. stare Anyway, there's also the issue of sameness in anime. Which there tends to be a lot of. So it's easy to get bored with certain types, unless you have a high tolerance for generics. And even if you avoid the hentai, etc., there does tend to be a lot of nudity and unnecessary sexual references in anime. So if you dislike that sort of thing or just aren't in the mood for it, it can take the zing out of watching the shows. Hopefully, this ridiculously long explanation will explain how anyone might NOT be into anime, for those who are crazed uberfans. *stares at xwhateverxdudex*

And btw, Rini, I've seen your picture, and you're not fat and ugly. xp I'd show you my picture to prove my point, but........no. xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:36 am
"stares back"
Touche purple one.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 pm
xDD!!! *giggles*

Well, I totally get what you're saying. 3nodding And I agree. It's hard when you have someone who believe Anime is their life you know and you don't feel the same...you don't want to hurt their feelings by saying you don't like it..but you don't want to lie either.

I don't have anything against massive anime fans. Nothing at all. Most of my friends are that way. I'm the weird one out! xD!! I mean, my husband will sit there all night long watching anime and I'm bored out of my mind. xDD! ....And xwhateverxdudex you'd probably feel the same way about the stuff I like that I do about anime!! whee So, like you said...to each their own! If we all had the same interests it would be pretty boring.

..........And thank you RavenHawk. heart

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:02 pm
I just tell it like it is. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:15 am
Rini Ikataru
xDD!!! *giggles*

Well, I totally get what you're saying. 3nodding And I agree. It's hard when you have someone who believe Anime is their life you know and you don't feel the same...you don't want to hurt their feelings by saying you don't like it..but you don't want to lie either.

I don't have anything against massive anime fans. Nothing at all. Most of my friends are that way. I'm the weird one out! xD!! I mean, my husband will sit there all night long watching anime and I'm bored out of my mind. xDD! ....And xwhateverxdudex you'd probably feel the same way about the stuff I like that I do about anime!! whee So, like you said...to each their own! If we all had the same interests it would be pretty boring.

..........And thank you RavenHawk. heart

®îñí Ïkãtå®û

Too true, Rini-san
The world's differences is what makes things interesting.
For if everyone thought the same way, there would be nothing new, and the world would stagnate.  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces