Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon/Fushigi Yuugi Guild

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying & informational guild for Sailor Moon and/or Fushigi Yuugi lovers to hang out. 

Tags: Moon, Fushigi, Watase, Naoko, Roleplay 

Reply Fushigi Yuugi Discussions
Fushigi Yuugi OAV and Eikoden

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:08 pm
stressed If theres already a topic about this I'm really sorry. I fully admit my newness to the guild and if I've screwed up in some way you can beat me...
Anyways! I just finished Fushigi Yuugi. (I was buying the DVDs individually instead of the two box sets and volume 8 just came out). Anyways my fiance has offered to by me the OAV and Eikoden. Now I've heard Eikoden isn't that great but its good to have it you like the series. So is it worth it?
I DONT (LOL) want any plot details. I'm just wondering if its worth to get.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:15 pm
I liked Eikoden, for the simple fact that it was a continuation of the story. It's a bit cheesy, since the "gods" are made with cg and the rest of the animation is hand-drawn...but it's still a good series. If nothing else, you get a lot of Tamahome action in this one. Along with the reuniting of all the Suzaku Seven. Anyways...Tamahome's voice changed in the dub... crying

I'd watch the sub, if you want better voice acting skills for this one...those were my only complaints. Otherwise, I liked the storyline. heart  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Mama Ame

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:48 pm
Ok thank you! I watch subtitles anyways, hehehe. Really don't like the dub versions. Though I do like Tamahome's voice in english too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:00 am
See? I watched the FY dubs, b/c that's what my friend gave me first. I bought the dubs b/c I fell so in love with them. xd As for all other shows, I only watch the subs. Unless I'm really tired and don' feel like reading for hours....lol  

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

MemoryDragon
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:48 am
I liked the final OVA if just because the little girl Tasuki fights with. heart And in the other OVA, the Chichiri part made me cry... Of course, the out takes are one of the best reasons to watch it. I swear, I nearly died laughing, watching some of those...

I watched the dubs of the series first too. I only watched the subs for the OVA though, since it was such a long time before I finally saw it. I swear, I can never watch FY over a decent period of time. Generally speaking a year always passes between when I watch the episode Tamahome walks in and sees his family (I'm really starting to hate that cliff hanger...) and the next. I've only managed to watch the OVAs once though...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:31 pm
I never saw that series because I was scared if it was worth it. Probably will try it out sometime. :3  

DoveChime

Revan_Blackheart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:56 pm
I have the box set that has all of it. LOVE IT!!!!!! I got mine of the internet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:06 am
ninja i had watched it... i only have 2 cds of that eikoden.... is that complete???????

arrow miaka is already married to tamahome in the church... is that right?????

sweatdrop just checking if i got the right one...  

rosette_jeanne

Inuphantom13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:30 pm
What is Eikoden anyway? I mean, I saw a clip about it but I was a bit confused. I mean, that was Miaka and Tamahome (or Taka, however you refer to him) getting married, right? Can someone explain about Eikoden (and about why the girl disappeared)?  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:34 am
I prefer the OAV one than the other one of Fushi yuugi  

Dark moonflower

Shawana_Chou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:45 pm
The OVAs, Fushigi Yuugi Oni and Eikoden, are almost better than the actual anime, except for the fact that half the characters are dead. XD; There's a bit of graphic nudity, but that doesn't really matter. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:20 am
I watched Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden few times and I think it's great!!!!!!
In this OAC some of the Suzaku Seishi are reincarnated.
And I love Tasuki's new hair style!!!!!!!!  

Marusera

Nakuba

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:09 pm
I got the whole series 5 years ago. I love it. I wasn't to crazy about Eikoden though mostly because I just hate Mayo. and I never ever had truly hate a character before out of anything that I have watched. Mayo is actually a first. lol.

I've also read the version of the Ova in the manga. Which is books 14-18. They were really good and really different too. There were some things in the Manga that I would've like to have seen in the anime.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:59 pm
I liked Eikoden. :] After I watched the whole series anyway. At first I wanted to stab myself, but it's really worth it in the end.  

Albino-Rhino

Fushigi Yuugi Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff