Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
CONTEST SUBFORUM CLOSING.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes, I'm serious.
  Move my contest thread to the main Evergleam forum.
  Delete my contest thread. It's dead anyway.
View Results

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:40 am
Divash speaking:

I've realized that one of the main problems with Evergleam is that there are so many subforums that we're all spread out from hell to breakfast, and we never really interact. Heck, I never even read any subforum except the Contest one, and that's only because I have a contest running.

So, after talking it over with Lady Leopardess, we've decided to consolidate the forums. Every thread that has had a response on or after 1 July 2008 will be moved to the main forum by the end of September 2008. Every thread that does not has already been deleted...

...except in the Contest subforum. You see, the Contest subforum is full of posts that make promises. "If you'll do ABC, I'll do XYZ." If you'll post 1000 times, you'll get a prize. If you're the first poster on page UmpteenTrillion, you'll get a prize. If you roll 10 10-sided dice and get 100, you'll get a prize. And so on. Those promises are like contracts, and I'm not about to void them on your behalf. Mostly because there are a lot of people who have donated to those thread owners, contributing to the prize pool, and I don't want them to feel cheated.

So, Lady Leopardess will be contacting each contest owner to ask what they want done with their contest. General options:

1. Move the contest thread into the main Evergleam forum.
2. Delete the thread. This option is only available to those who have NOT accepted any donations on behalf of their contests.

It will work even better if you contact Lady Leopardess on your own and let her know which option you prefer. Also, please mail Evergleam_Guild to let us know the exact title of your contest thread, so we can do the appropriate thing with it.

This post is also being posted to the Contest subforum.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:18 pm
I've contacted all the contest owners , at least the ones that are still members , besides the one who Farkle who I also PM'd . People usually become non members because they are very very inactive with gaia .  

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Monsieur Nameless

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:19 pm
Hey,would it be okay for me to edit my thread now or should I wait untilit's moved? And thanks for all the work you guys are doing, I get how busy you guys are,and,uh...Thanks for waking up the guild^^''  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:01 am
Did you ask for it to be moved? If so, then yeah, wait for it to be moved.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
EverGleam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers