Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
A scene from Wingless

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:32 pm
Sorry I haven't been active as of late. College has been taking a lot out of me and consuming all my time. It's great and all, but the only chances I get a break usually result in sleep.

However, I still attempt to do some writing. Having a cellphone/PDA with Microsoft Word helps (especially when you're bored in business management class XD)

So here's the opening to chapter two of the Wingless story. All you need to know is that Brian, Ritz, and Spyke just picked up Asterisk and he's apart of their team now. Later that day they'll be taking him up in the spaceship and visiting some planets in the Federation and... yeah. Enjoy!

Asterisk woke to the sun blaring in through the window. The sunlight filled the room and, oddly enough, things were shuffled around a bit since he had fallen asleep. Some chairs and desks were pushed back and completely rearranged. Who would have-

The door burst open and Brian jumped in the room triumphantly. “Good moooorning! … dammit, you’re already up. You wouldn’t believe how much that annoys Ritz.”

“I bet…” Asterisk rubbed his eyes. “Do you know what happened with-”

“Oh the stuff in the room?” Brian asked. “Yeah, we had to rearrange it when we were operating on you. Taking out pieces of your brain was sort of hard and made a mess all over the place. Doesn’t help that your brain is all squishy…”

Asterisk jumped out of his bed. “What!?”

Brian snickered and took off down the hallway.

“Is it sad that I’m not sure if he’s serious or not?”

Asterisk followed in pursuit. Brian had a head start and was already at the bottom of the foyer. Asterisk tracked him all the way down to the kitchen, where he found Spyke and Ritz both eating their breakfasts of eggs and toast.

Spyke looked up from behind his newspaper. “Morning, Aster. You look lively and well after your operation last night.”

So it was true!?!?

“Oh, stop it.” Ritz said. “Asterisk, they’re just being jerks.”

Asterisk breathed a sigh of relief. “So there wasn’t any surgery?”

“Well, there was, but just not as bad as they put it.”

“WHAT!?”

“Ok, well as you’re about to find out, people in New Renix and the Federation galaxy will speak over 400 different languages. Now, unless you’ve managed to learn every single one, then you’ll probably have a hard time communicating. Thus we installed a small machine deep inside your ear that will translate all foreign languages into English for you. It’s so advanced that it will even decipher the tone of the speaker’s voice and make it sound like that person is talking in your language. Cool, eh?”

“BUT YOU OPERATED AT NIGHT WITHOUT TELLING ME!?”

Brian dunked a cookie in his coffee. “Didn’t help when you were sucking your thumb… baby.”

“BUT YOU WERE OPERATING ON ME! WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE FREAKING OUT HERE!?”

Chef Leon came in from the kitchen. “Asterisk, while you’re screaming uncontrollably, can I get you anything for breakfast?”

Aster sighed. “… just get me some Frosted Flakes.”

“They’re grrrrrreat!” Brian chimed in.

“SHUT UP!”  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:39 pm
Snappy dialog, YAY! heart  

Chrysanthemum Moon

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 pm
I love your writing. it's so clean. <3333 You have fewer of the poetic tendencies that get the rest of us into big literary messes and it's so great for Wingless.

I loveeeeeee Asterisk. His NAME. OMG. *nerdgasm*  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff