Reply Classical Musicians Guild
Your recent concerts :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nechuroo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:59 pm
So, anyone been to some good concerts recently? Doesn't matter if in the audience or the orchestra. Tonight I went to hear "The Young Mozart", a program put together by the local chamber orchestra. They played:

W.A. Mozart
Symphony No. 1, KV.16
Violin Concerto No. 1, K.207

Franz Schubert
Symphony No. 5, D.485

It was brilliant!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:53 pm
I played in a concert not too long ago. I was in the band section so we played 4 band songs. It was the most fun I have had playing. We may have messed up on some songs, but by golly, our finally sond was flawless. It was my favorite song. It may be on You Tube, I am not sure.  

I Cosmo I

nechuroo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 am
Well what songs were it? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:05 pm
Saw Le Nozze di Figaro at the Opera Lyra Ottawa. It was o-k. Singing was good, set was kinda dumb.

Saturday I'm going to see Pagliacci and Rusico Cavalerro at the movie theatres; it's not the live at the Met series, it's a different one whose name eludes me...  

liebestraume

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 pm
nechuroo
Well what songs were it? biggrin

My apologies; they were Overture for winds, swords against the sea, under an irish sky and our el grande finale, Burst of flames.
Myhyperlinking will not work right now so youtube, Kern Honors Band - Burst of Flame. I remind you that these are just middle school kids (me included) and we may have messed up alot but we really gave i our all on the last one.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:13 am
Nice one, Cosmo biggrin must have been a great experience.  

nechuroo

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:05 pm
nechuroo
Nice one, Cosmo biggrin must have been a great experience.

It was~ And I am planning on doing it again this year P:  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:28 pm
I recently went to this really cool concert with this Finnish symphony orchestra. They had this really modern concerto for accordion that their composer-in-residence composed ... I, uh, it was kind of funny musically and just bizarre and really long, but an altogether interesting experience.  

waterstream

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:56 pm
Lets see my last concert with the orchestra in May.. we played

Candide Overture
Superman
Sabre Dance
Blue Danube
William Tell Overture
A Pirates of the Caribbean 3 thing. (Several regular audience members had been requesting it)

And some other more easier ones..
=====
This concert were doing (2 weeks away!)
Beethovens 5th
Gershwins Cuban Overture
Theme from Far and Away
Christ on the mt of Olives from the Hallelujah Chorus
(Boston Symphony Orchestra) BSO Fanfare
Nimrod from Enigma variations
Brahms How lovely is thy dwelling place requiem
Something Beach boys, lol

And were actually doing the world premier of Kevin Kaskas The Golden Falcon Prelude. Kevin Kaska works closely with John Williams. He wants to come see our orchestra and possibly write something for us which he would conduct during a concert, yay.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:09 am
Whoa Kel, nice one. What is the name of your orchestra?

Seriously, I wish someone over here would play the 5th symphony soon. I've been listening to it tons, especially the two last movements. I might get bored during the slow movement of a piece and then in some cases it might continue into the 3rd/4th movement but with this particular symphony... it's like I can't get enough.

On Saturday I'll be going to see the local music teachers' concert at the local concert hall, Værket. It'll be great because I know two violin teachers who work there, no idea what they're playing yet though.  

nechuroo

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:43 pm
Our orchestra is called the Panama City Pops.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:17 pm
nechuroo

On Saturday I'll be going to see the local music teachers' concert at the local concert hall, Værket. It'll be great because I know two violin teachers who work there, no idea what they're playing yet though.

Have fun, its always kinda cool to see the teachers play. A lot of the local teachers here actually play in the PCP Orchestra so I get a chance to play with them. Its awesome, they teach me a lot.  

`Kel`
Captain

Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces