Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Funny story i found.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ozraptor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:51 pm
This happened almost a year ago, but you may have heard of it. But oh well, i got a good laugh.

So this man, saw the 'Mark of the beast'on his hand. Long story short, he cut off his hand and cooked it in a microwave. (giggle) Cutting your hand off is crazy enough, but why would you microwave it?! Was he going to eat it? I bet he would've if ihe hadn't noticed the amount of blood he was losing.

If he was religious enough to think that his hand was 'possessed' then why not think to get a 'exorcism'? It would've saved a hand.

Here's the link to the full story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22573021/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:01 pm
User Image

Hilarious. I stole this for my blog. XD

Y'know... as many fundie freakshows as I know... I don't think any of them are crazy enough to do that.

User Image  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:52 pm
Nice...

Although I gotta hand it to this guy (yes, I know I just made a very bad pun), he really takes the cake on showing how crazy these fundies can be.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:31 pm
I never heard about this. To me it isn't funny. It's sad that religion can make people go that far with something, to the point of self-mutilation. It could be argued that that it was not so much religion but mental illness that played a major role.  

Sanguvixen

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:34 pm
Sanguvixen
I never heard about this. To me it isn't funny. It's sad that religion can make people go that far with something, to the point of self-mutilation. It could be argued that that it was not so much religion but mental illness that played a major role.

I agree.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff