Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply Old Announcements & Newsletters
Past Newsletters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:30 pm
This is where you can find old newsletters that the guild has sent out to its members. It is another way of finding out what is going on in the guild and also has special information about things such as parties that the guild may hold.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:40 pm
Welcome to the Silent Tears Guild:

If you are getting this newsletter it means you were selected to stay as one of the few members of the Silent Tears Guild as it is being revamped or you were invited or recently joined. Over one hundred people were kicked out of the guild for inactivity and I hope to see you guys here. Either that or you were invited or recently joined.

So let me tell you about what is going on in the Silent Tears Guild:

First off, as you know the guild has gone through a complete renovation and even as you get this more things (such as the front page which I am waiting for some pictures to be done for) have not been complete.

As you will see most of the subforums except for a few (Roleplay, Crew, Online Pets, & Past Announcements) have been deleted and I need suggestions from you to fill up the extra 14 subforums that we have. You can go HERE to post your suggestions.

The guild has a Sign In Thread in which you can post in everytime you come to the guild so that we know you are there and active so that no one gets banned for inactivity.

We also have an Introduction Thread which I encourage everyone to post something so that everyone has a chance to get to know you.

As mentioned before I have a Roleplay Subforum as I know many people love to roleplay. Please read the rules and feel free to get started.

I know Kagome collects online pets like crazy so there is a Pet Paradise thread in which you can post journals for your pets. If you wish to roleplay your pets do it in the roleplay subforum.

If you have not given me your birthday yet you can post it HERE.

If you would like to be awesomeness and carry around our guild banner you can find the codes HERE. Will love you forever and ever if you do this.

Also if you have friends who you think would like the Silent Tears Guild please post their names HERE and I will send them an invite with your name on it. Please however only give names of people who you believe would be active members. It makes me really sad when I have to ban a lot of people.

As you can see I still have a lot of work ahead of me in making this into an awesome guild once more. If you wish to donate please send all trades to Silent Tears Guild. Donations are always appreciated and are put toward guild events and prizes. Even the smallest donations are worth it.

Thanks and come check out the guild.

If you have any Questions & Suggestion please feel free to ask or tell me in this thread. Also, I am planning on having a party for the reopening of the Silent Tears Guild. Please post your suggestions in this thread and also don't forget to post people you think would enjoy the guild in the above mentioned thread. Donations are always welcomed and will earn the person points which gives you a chance to win at Point System and from there the Monthly Lotto

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Past Newsletters can be found HERE.

First off, as you may have read in the announcements that Dark_vs_Light has won the Point System for this month and that the Lotto Raffle has been held off as only one person joined so will be postponed and added to December's tickets.

Also, I am planning a Christmas Event for everyone in the guild and allied guild so please look for that in future emails as I will be hopefully sending you a link for it from the chatterbox and everyone can have a blast and win some prizes.

As you will see half of the subforums need suggestions from you to fill up the extra 8 subforums that we have. You can go HERE to post your suggestions.

The guild has a Sign In Thread in which you can post in everytime you come to the guild so that we know you are there and active so that no one gets banned for inactivity. This is what enables you to be eligible to win money through the point system so please remember to sign in. I noticed that a few roleplayers have not been signing in.

We also have an Introduction Thread which I encourage everyone to post something so that everyone has a chance to get to know you if you have not done so at one point.

As mentioned before I have a Roleplay Subforum as I know many people love to roleplay. Please read the rules and feel free to get started. The roleplay section is the most active part of the guild.

If you have not given me your birthday yet you can post it HERE. I have updated it recently and if I have missed your birthday, I apologize and please post it in this thread.

As you can see I still have a lot of work ahead of me in making this into an awesome guild once more. If you wish to donate please send all trades to Silent Tears Guild. Donations are always appreciated and are put toward guild events and prizes. Even the smallest donations are worth it.

If you have any Questions & Suggestion please feel free to ask or tell me in this thread. Also, I am planning on having a party for the reopening of the Silent Tears Guild. Please post your suggestions in this thread and also don't forget to post people you think would enjoy the guild in the above mentioned thread. Donations are always welcomed and will earn the person points which gives you a chance to win at Point System and from there the Monthly Lotto

Also, if you have not posted much and havent Signed In by the end of the month of January and receive this newsletter (keeping track of who it is sent to) then you will be banned from the guild do to inactivity. This is a warning to everyone so that there should be no complaints should you be banned. If you know that you will be away for a while or change your name, please post in the Away Thread & Name Changes so that you are not banned. Thanks.

If you happen to one of our allied guilds and have not posted you guild's information in a thread in the Allied Guild Subforum, please do so soon so that people can see what your guild is about. Please read the Allied Guild Movement & Rules thread before posting your guild's thread. The confirmed list of Allied Guilds (or threads) are Silmarillion, Wanderers of the Path, The Ranger's Guild, and The Realm of Chaos. If you think I missed your Guild, please PM me. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:40 pm
It is time for Christmas cheer and the Silent Tears Guild has decided to hold a Christmas Extravaganza for not only the guild and it's allies but for everyone on gaia. It starts on Sunday, December 7th at 3PM and is open to everyone. There are a bunch of contests and prizes with more to be added during the event. It is a month long event that ends on January 7th when all the prizes will be drawn and hopefully given out.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So come on into the Christmas Extravaganza and start spreading the holiday cheer and winning some prizes. There will even be random giveaways to active people. Also, people in the Silent Tears Guild can use the Christmas Extravaganza as part of the guild and thus can Sign In for the Point System Contest that has monthly drawings. So come on in often for lots of fun and to meet new people! And Happy Holidays.

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 pm

First off, Congratulations Xinith for Winning the Monthly Point System Contest! And congratulation to Athena831 for winning the November/December 2008 Monthly Lotto.

It is time for the New Year cheer and the Silent Tears Guild still is holding the Christmas Extravaganza for not only the guild and it's allies but for everyone on gaia. It is open to everyone. There are a bunch of contests and prizes with more to be added during the event. It is a month long event that ends on January 7th when all the prizes will be drawn and hopefully given out as many prizes have already been given out to the partiers.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
http://tinyurl.com/6jb25c

So come on into the Christmas Extravaganza and start spreading the holiday cheer and winning some prizes. There will even be random giveaways to active people. Also, people in the Silent Tears Guild can use the Christmas Extravaganza as part of the guild and thus can Sign In for the Point System Contest that has monthly drawings. So come on in often for lots of fun and to meet new people! And Happy Holidays.

As you will see half of the subforums need suggestions from you to fill up the extra 8 subforums that we have. You can go HERE to post your suggestions.

The guild has a Sign In Thread in which you can post in everytime you come to the guild so that we know you are there and active so that no one gets banned for inactivity. This is what enables you to be eligible to win money through the point system so please remember to sign in. I noticed that a few roleplayers have not been signing in.

We also have an Introduction Thread which I encourage everyone to post something so that everyone has a chance to get to know you if you have not done so at one point.

As mentioned before I have a Roleplay Subforum as I know many people love to roleplay. Please read the rules and feel free to get started. The roleplay section is the most active part of the guild.

If you have not given me your birthday yet you can post it HERE. I have updated it recently and if I have missed your birthday, I apologize and please post it in this thread.

Also, if you have not posted much and havent Signed In by the end of the month of January and receive this newsletter (keeping track of who it is sent to) then you will be banned from the guild do to inactivity. This is a warning to everyone so that there should be no complaints should you be banned. If you know that you will be away for a while or change your name, please post in the Away Thread & Name Changes so that you are not banned. Thanks.

If you happen to one of our allied guilds and have not posted you guild's information in a thread in the Allied Guild Subforum, please do so soon so that people can see what your guild is about. Please read the Allied Guild Movement & Rules thread before posting your guild's thread. The confirmed list of Allied Guilds (or threads) are Silmarillion, Wanderers of the Path, The Ranger's Guild, and The Realm of Chaos. If you think I missed your Guild, please PM me. Thanks.

Also, Nod Fanatic would like the word spread about his brotherhood which is open for everyone to join. Here is the introduction to his brotherhood:

Before the outbreak of the First Tiberium War, the most accepted idea was that it was just simply another minor terrorist faction. However, when a scandal broke out involving major American defense contractors, it was discovered that Nod had substantial military air, sea, and land power. Nod is headed by Kane, known as Jacob Caine by Interpol in the Western world, and as Amir al-Quayym by MI6 in the Middle East.

Nod forces are composed of guerrillas from other allied organizations, mercenaries and conscripts from the territories Nod controls, as well as Nod-indoctrinated religious fanatics. Before the Sarajevo central headquarters was identified, Nod was believed to have no central command base, instead operating from multiple individual locations, with posts previously identified in Kuantan, Malaysia; the Ar-Rub' al-Khali desert, Saudi Arabia; Tokyo, Japan and Caen, France.

Also during Tiberian Dawn, Nod is believed to back a number of officially recognized political parties; among the ones mentioned are the Fist of Allah party in Jordan, the United We Stand America party in the United States, and the Albion First! party in the United Kingdom, among others. Additionally, they are affiliated with the Irish Republican Party, Islamic Jihad, Khmer Rouge and others.

Nod's chief asset is its near monopoly on the Tiberium harvesting industry. Due partially to chance, the alien organism arrived via meteor impact near the Tiber river in Italy and thus the genesis of the name Tiberium. Kane, the self-appointed leader of the Brotherhood of Nod, claims that it was the Brotherhood who first discovered the organism and that he named it after Tiberius Caesar Augustus. Tiberium spreads quickly and thrives in temperate to warm conditions. Many of the poorer countries straddling the equatorial regions were hit hardest by the rapidly spreading substance. The Brotherhood, being anti-Western, tapped into these suddenly rich nations for substantial control of the Tiberium market. At the time of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, Nod controlled almost half the world's Tiberium supply at 49%; compared with the lackluster 27% controlled by the G8 nations (sponsors of GDI), and the remaining 24% in the hands of unaffiliated nations.

Nod looks at Tiberium very differently than its main enemy, the Global Defense Initiative. Whereas GDI treats Tiberium as a dangerous but economically valuable product as well as a scientific anomaly, the Brotherhood sees it as the dawn of a new age entirely. As such, they are much more willing to directly use Tiberium in potentially unsafe ways, such as use in weaponry.

To Find The Brotherhood of Nod or learn more about it ... Click HERE!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:35 am

First off, Congratulations KagomeHigurashi08 for Winning the Monthly Point System Contest! And congratulation to KagomeHigurashi08 for winning the January 2009 Monthly Lotto. The Point System and Lotto will be closed until further notice because of lack of funds due to the Silent Tears Guild mule being hacked and I am not longer able to access it.

The guild has a Sign In Thread in which you can post in everytime you come to the guild so that we know you are there and active so that no one gets banned for inactivity. I noticed that a few roleplayers have not been signing in. I have a list of people who have signed in so please know that I do know if you are not on the list.

If you have any Questions & Suggestion please feel free to ask or tell me in this thread. Also, I am planning on having a party for the reopening of the Silent Tears Guild. Please post your suggestions in this thread and also don't forget to post people you think would enjoy the guild in the above mentioned thread.

If you know that you will be away for a while or change your name, please post in the Away Thread & Name Changes so that you are not banned. Thanks.

If you happen to one of our allied guilds and have not posted you guild's information in a thread in the Allied Guild Subforum, please do so soon so that people can see what your guild is about. Please read the Allied Guild Movement & Rules thread before posting your guild's thread. The confirmed list of Allied Guilds (or threads) are Silmarillion, Wanderers of the Path, The Ranger's Guild, and The Realm of Chaos and Mirraden. If you think I missed your Guild, please PM me. Thanks.

Also, sometime in the last week of January the Silent Tears Guild mule was hacked. Please understand the implications of this and do not listen to whatever is sent to you by the mule until I say it is safe to. This may never happen sadly as we all know how slow gaia can be. Please be careful at this time around the mule because I do not know if the person is still getting on it or what. Right now, all guild commands will come from KagomeHigurashi08.

Silent Tears Guild
Vice Captain

Beloved Friend

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

KagomeHigurashi08
Captain

Friendly Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 pm

As the mule was hacked and the guild has been inactive for the most part everything has been down for a while. I am reopening the Point System Contest and Monthly Lotto.

Also all of the main guild stuff has been moved to a subforum called Guild Business and Main Items as I have placed the roleplays on the front home page as that is what normally is more active in the guild.

Please remember to sign in properly in theSign In Thread as I will be checking activity by the end of June and banning inactive members. If you know that you are going to be gone for a long time or changing your name, please post in the Away Thread & Name Changes which can be found in the Guild Business and Main Items Subforum.

I am trying to get the guild active again as many have died off during the school year, especially with finals and AP testing. As it is the beginning of summer, I hope to see a return of some of the members and activities which is why I am giving you all till the end of the month of June.

There are a lot of dead roleplays that are waiting for people to return to and all that so please check the guild and pick up where you left off or end the roleplay so I know whether you all want to continue or not.

If you no longer wish to be a part of the guild please quit or PM me and I can get you out of the guild.

Thanks and I hope you all have a wonderful summer.

Old Announcements & Newsletters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games