Prompt 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jak the Bard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:12 pm
this is going to be fun.

On Tuesday, Margaret told me she liked the little oranges with the seeds better than the ones I bought. I hated her for that. As such I decided to kill her. She bitched about every little thing that I did, and as such, she deserved what was coming to her. We had been dating for four years, but it was just not enough with the income I made as a graphic designer while she sat around all day waiting for one of the many men she cheated on me with.

It took just 3 days to plan it out, and I had all the supplies I needed. There was also the fact that I was going to prey on her alcoholism. There was no superdetective that could stop me, like Monk or Spencer, but I could tell that this was going to be tricky to pull off. I told her that I was going to be saving up for a camcorder, but I was going to surprise her with it one of these days. It was the perfect plan.

I pulled it all off on Sunday. I got home, then I slipped on the gloves that I had bought just for this operation. I taped a plastic bottle on the end of my colt .45 to act as a silencer, and I forced her to drink the bottle of vodka that I brought home with me. Margaret had no choice, but would anyone when there was a gun pointed at the back of one's head?

After she drank half the bottle, I pulled the trigger, the bang of the gun quieted by the bottle, which shattered on firing. I hid a firecracker that was supposed to burn up once spent in the ventilation shaft above the living room, then placed the gun in her mouth. I lit the fuse, went outside, and started up the camcorder. I recorded myself saying that this was supposed to be a big surprise for her, then I stood outside the door, listened to the explosion of the firecracker, and ran inside, feigning perfect surprise. After the deed was done, the autopsy confirmed, and two full months of wearing nothing but black dress clothes, I was at peace with myself.

Pretty brutal, I know. I bet you it's also over 1500 words... :Sweat:  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:09 pm
O.o

...that's...cheerful...

Well, we all now know to never get you pissed... xD

I liked it, though! Very original...and scary, but original!  

seleneswan

Jak the Bard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 pm
that's a very good Idea, never getting me pissed. I threatened to rip my friend's eyeballs out with a pair of forceps if he ever tried to harm the woman I love.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 pm
Aww, that's kinda sweet...in a gruesome way. But it's still sweet.. heart  

seleneswan

Jak the Bard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm
lol. I less than three you too!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:09 pm
Interesting. I like the way the killer (you) is not crazed in any way but a calm, intelligent person. A bit creepy, but not overly gorey. I'd say good work.

And don't worry about the word count. ^.^ It was good.  

serephemeral
Crew

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 pm
eek

That was good, actually. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:10 pm
why is collote shocked?  

Jak the Bard

Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items