Reply Writing Workshop
Prompt #5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

quirk rays

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:57 am
Dad gave me a wink, liek we were pals or something. I just looked back at him blankly. What was he on? I needed some. I needed to be in a good mood to get through the day that I thought would just about kill me I was so nervous.

"Well.. " I said, getting up from the table, scooping up my plate with picked-over eggs on it. I scraped it into the garbage and practically threw the glass plate into the sink. Even I was surprised at how rough I was handling the thing. Dad must have seen it on my face. All he said, though, was "Be careful."

As I left the kitchen, I grabbed my purple backpack that had a million evironment-friendly pins tacked to it and my aqua hoodie from the bottom of the stairs.

"Bye!" I shouted back as I left the house and ran down the front porch steps, hoping to escape from the house before I heard a reply.

I crossed the street and walked for a few minutes before I came to my bus stop. Liz was there, dressed in tight purple and black checkered pants and a black hoodie. She started taking up a lot of bad habits lately. For example, she recently started smoking a lot and did all these suicidal things. I loved Liz and was always worried for her. I seriously started worrying if I'd even see her the next day. She was always so miserable and I did my best to try and lighten her mood, but she seemed to be angry all the time.

"Hey!" I said, hoping today she was in a good mood.

She wasn't. Liz just gave me this look. Her lids were half open and I noticed the caked on an extra two inches of blue eye shadow today.

"Nervous, too?" I asked. She may or may not have been, because right then, her little sister ran down the sidewalk to meet up with us. As usual, Emily, her sister, was dressed in random mismatched clothes.

"Hi Brittany!" Emily greeted. I smiled politely.

Emily was about two years younger than us and in sixth grade. Today she didn't have her backpack- just a student planner with a tiger on the front.

The big yellow bus rolled up to us and Liz grabbed her "Hellsing" over-the-shoulder bag from the ground next to her feet. Trying to brace myself for the day ahead, I slowly stepped up to the bus, follwing Emily and Liz.

There was no way I'd make it home.

{{I hope it's alright!}}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:01 pm
I think it's a wonderful start, but why? Why won't she survive the day? I vote for a continuance!  

serephemeral
Crew

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:34 pm
Haha. Me, too.

Good job. The sentences you chose flowed well with the rest of the story.  
Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games