Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Gold.
View Results

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:41 pm
I think it's a bit short, and obviously late, but let me know what you think. I admit, it isn't a reflection of my best effort, but if it makes people laugh then I'll be satisfied.

I was dressed in a completely inappropriate shade of pink. I looked down at the cotton candy costume in disgust. "Why on earth did I have to apply for this job?" I wailed to myself as I walked to work. I arrived at Cotton Candy World and took my usual post at the street corner.

For the next four hours, I stood on the street corner, waving at passing cars with a smile that bordered on insanity and pointing them towards the cotton candy store. Joggers speeding by me stopped to laugh. One even took a picture of me. "You could make a living doing that kind of thing," he told me as he left, laughing hysterically. I suppose I could, but I had never thought about it until then. After all, who wants to make a living as a giant stick of cotton candy anyway?

After I had been peed on by a chihuahua and run over by a distracted bicyclist, my shift was finally over. I hurried back home and ripped off the dreaded pink costume. I enjoyed the freedom of not being weighed down by an enormous stick for a full ten seconds before digging up my taco costume. Part time jobs sucked.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:05 pm
^.^ Funny. Most of your pieces are, I've noticed. You're a good humor writer.  

serephemeral
Crew

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:31 pm
lol Thanks. All short pieces I write are humorous or really morbid. Occasionally both.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:38 pm
I wish I could write happy/hilarious stuff like that! Lately, all of my stories ALWAYS end up upsetting. I just can't help it! >_<

Very well done. You always do a good job. Hah.

Plus you always have a poll... which is nice. >_>  

Collote
Crew

Jak the Bard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:25 pm
Fantabulous!!  
Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items