Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Misunderstandings...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deaths asistant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 pm
A couple days ago in my health class actually let me fill you in... so just about every one even the teacher in my health class knows im an athiest... dont ask how because even i dont know... well any ways we have groups for tests and work sheets and crap like that. well i get stuck in a group with a catholic a mormon and a christian... well the morman started talking about religion and so did christian ( the catholics a girl and the others were boys) well somewhere along the line I got pulled in to the, well it started as talking then went in to a debate and well in my view in order to be an atheist you have to know other religions quite well before you can start throwing out random remarks... well the christian had no idea what he was talking about and I pointed this out (when I debate I make sure I do it as politely as I can for fear of what may happen) well the christian got pissed and said nothing to me but said somthing to the catholic that upset her and she walked out of the class after telling somthing to the teacher... well any way security came and took me and the other two to the main office. well I tried to explain what happened but the people wouldnt listen after I told them that I was atheise... to me its Religist... we found out nothing and the only good thing I got out of it was I got to miss my 3rd period class... what are your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 pm
User Image

Well, for one... Catholics and Mormons are Christians. XD

What did the guy say and what did you say back to him? And then what did the Catholic girl say to the teacher? I can't imagine security coming for a squabble over religion unless someone either made a threat or claimed that someone else had made a threat? I can't really give too many thoughts on the subject if I don't know exactly what was said. sweatdrop

User Image  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Deaths asistant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:20 pm
honestly I wasnt listening and my school qualified it as harassment... to me it was a bit much  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games