Submit

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:12 pm
So, I'm working on training my baby team--all five Eevees--near Cerulean. They have barely broken the early teens. And in the middle of random battles, I get special music. Bone you, game! You toss Suicune at me when I'm out with the babies! So it runs, and now I'm having hell all trying to catch it. Any advice, my people?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:22 pm
Master Ball, otherwise train your umbreon to know mean look and baton pass and BP to a pokemon with false swipe. If that still doesn't work, use a status effect if you can, preferably paralyze, or sleep so that you don't KO it. Then throw ultra balls after mean looking it again. Umbreon has up the wazoo special defense so you can just tank it out there after the mean look. Another option is if it retains damage and status effects when you meet it again like in the older games, simply wittle it down and apply status and then when you got it weak, wander around with a wobbafet, trapinch, or dugrio in front and throw a bunch of ultra balls at it when you run into it. Every time you go to PKMN grass check your PKDEX to see if it is there, and if not, go somewhere else and try again. I think they warp around randomly but they might do the 1 route over thing that the lati@s do in Ru/Sa. Oh and reset if you ever KO them!  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Jazzfox

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:31 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:12 pm
I'm working on raising a Sableye (it's lv 50 and has Mean Look) by dumping it in the day care and then training up my Eevees while I wait. I'll attach a quick claw later on. The pissy part is, I've ran into Suicune twice since then and my babies are barely breaking level 12. I swear, the Water Leopard is stalking me. sweatdrop  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:41 pm
*is buggered* gonk ;3

I suppose until you get the right Pokemon for the situation ready, all you can do is ignore Suicune when it comes along. But the good news is that you have encountered it, so it's in your 'dex, so you can track it when you need to. I practically wrote the book on how to effectively stalk and catch the Legendary Dogs, slowly but efficiently. I still have the .HTML file (somewhere....) from my site which I documented what I found to be a very effective way of catching them, though it's dated from the GSC-era games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:30 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Load Chaud

Jazzfox

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:05 pm
....Okie; I stand corrected and whatnot; no repel x.o

... ::Murmur mumble knew there was something wrong why I couldn't find it...::  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:28 pm
Suicune does not have Roar at all.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

oGolem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 pm
Addendum: Suicune does not have Roar; but Raikou and Entei do. I learned this the hard way... ah well, I was never gonna use.. that.. master.. ball... anyw--

*sniffle*

could I have a moment please?

Thanks.

*goes into the other room and sobs*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:55 pm
You have a Sabeleye in G/S/C?! eek

Holy crap....weird. Unless this is somehow R/S....but there is no Suicune there.....huh.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

oGolem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:02 pm
Ah, but there ARE! The Dogs--or more specifically, A dog--will appear in LG/FR once you beat the Elites. It's the one your starter is weak to, and works the same way they used to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:37 pm
Golem OTCT
Ah, but there ARE! The Dogs--or more specifically, A dog--will appear in LG/FR once you beat the Elites. It's the one your starter is weak to, and works the same way they used to.

...I wanna beat the elite four! I GET THRASHED! MY POKES ARE LV 40!

((dang caps lock))  

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:24 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
You have a Sabeleye in G/S/C?! eek

Holy crap....weird. Unless this is somehow R/S....but there is no Suicune there.....huh.

No, it's Fire Red. I traded one on from my Sapphire Game in exchange for one of my eevee eggs.  
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games