Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
T_T the butchered the whole series T_T (SPOILERS) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Always wear..
  A poll.
View Results

Hitokiri Methos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 pm
I'm about to watch ep 5. I really hate what they've done with the series but my brother seems to like it. I find that he is an unfortunate soul and I will get him to read the SoT books. Just as soon as I go out and buy a new copy of WFR. I loaned mine out and the b*****d moved before he could give it back.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:05 pm
Lol, that sucks. But look at it this way, if he took off with your book, then you are spreading the series across the land smile  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Hitokiri Methos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 pm
Ok so this episode had absolutely nothing to do with the book. Where the ******** does it talk about something called a true listner? And where the hell does it talk about when a confessor dies her power over someone that she's touched fades? I thought that a confessors power was absolute  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:30 pm
Quote:
And where the hell does it talk about when a confessor dies her power over someone that she's touched fades? I thought that a confessors power was absolute

I agree. I thought the Confessor's power was permanent, and could NEVER be compeltely removed. IF a wizard turned them into an animal, it helped take a lot of that power away, but even then they were still, to a degree, devoted to her. Brophy being the example.

They're just just pulling s**t outta there asses now.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

MasterPumpkin

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm
thats what they seem to be doing and its pissing me off horribly non of that crap is in the books, none i say, and it just keeps getting worse  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 am
They call me...

Wow, now they're actually contradicting stuff in the books? What happened to the wizard's rule about contradiction being super duper bad? Have they learned nothing? D: Maybe Terry Goodkind's going insane. o.o

...Mister Bunbuns~

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am
I agree. What's the series without the Wizard's Rules or the Seeker of Truth?

Just another predictable story of a boy who has to save the world? Sheesh, like that's never been done before >.>  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:52 am
Goodkind can do his best not to sign up with a director/producer who he thinks won't do his work justice. Trouble is, once he's signed the contract, he has no control over the project. They can do just about whatever the flying-toasted-toads they want. Somehow, I don't think Goodkind planned this monstrosity. He's such a purist; he doesn't even allow Fanfiction.net to mess with his books.

I watched about five minutes of the series, and stood there yelling at the screen in disgust while my dad laughed at me. He says he went through the same thing when the Dune movie came out. If we have one solace, it is that SoT is not the first beautiful fantasy epic to be brutally murdered on screen.

What pains me most is...
The guy who played Adrian Veidt/Ozymandius in Watchmen would have made a PERFECT DARKEN RAHL if the poor fools in charge of SoT's casting hadn't been OUT OF THEIR MASTERPIECE-BUTCHERING MINDS!!!!
I've tried thinking of the solution rather than the problem, but short of building a time machine, nothing's coming. Suggestions?  

Samurai_Honto

haphazardly parked

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:30 pm
Samurai_Honto

What pains me most is...
The guy who played Adrian Veidt/Ozymandius in Watchmen would have made a PERFECT DARKEN RAHL if the poor fools in charge of SoT's casting hadn't been OUT OF THEIR MASTERPIECE-BUTCHERING MINDS!!!!
I've tried thinking of the solution rather than the problem, but short of building a time machine, nothing's coming. Suggestions?

OH MY GOD I SAID THE SAME EXACT THING ONCE. the adrian guy in watchmen was PERRFECCTT. he even had the seductive accent thing going on  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:59 pm
teslyn sedai
Samurai_Honto

What pains me most is...

OH MY GOD I SAID THE SAME EXACT THING ONCE. the adrian guy in watchmen was PERRFECCTT. he even had the seductive accent thing going on

Yes! He's the perfect villain actor. He could have brought Darken Rahl to life, but instead my favorite villain has been left to roll in his fictional grave! crying (not that Darken Rahl technicallly has a grave...he sort of got sent straight to the Underworld...)  

Samurai_Honto

beautifullychaotic7

2,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 pm
Seriously...when I first found out about the TV series I was so excited, even though I heard about it a little on the late side. stare My aunt and I watched the first episode when they were doing reruns on TV and I got so freakin' mad about how bad they screwed up the whole story line from the beginning. scream It made me so upset to see such a BA series end up being lowered like that on TV... crying I just don't get how they could screw it up the way they did. I mean, first, like some other ppl already mentioned, Richard already had the Book of Counted Shadows memorized from the get go. That was VERY IMPORTANT to the whole series. Another, also mentioned, Kahlan has GREEN eyes NOT BLUE!!!! That was one thing Richard loved about her. stressed Honestly, how can they do this to Terry's series!?!? I was an honest Terry fan and faithfully watched the whole series, and I probably would have like it, much like my aunt who didn't read the series, if it wasn't for the simple fact that I actually read the books. Not to mention the fact that I think they casted the whole series completely wrong. There are soooo many things wrong with the TV series, but I won't get into it. I'm just so disappointed in it. crying But now that the finale is done and over with and they 'defeated' Rahl...does anybody wonder if they will continue on with the series, and chop shop it again, to the very end of Terry's books? question  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:43 pm
Samurai_Honto
teslyn sedai
Samurai_Honto

What pains me most is...

Yes! He's the perfect villain actor. He could have brought Darken Rahl to life, but instead my favorite villain has been left to roll in his fictional grave! crying (not that Darken Rahl technicallly has a grave...he sort of got sent straight to the Underworld...)
Well the actor who plays him now would've been more accurate if they had left him in his blonde wig from LOTR. xd  

Nicolae Corvinus

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 pm
They call me...

It's a good thing I never watched the series. :3

Mishtah Bunbuns~!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:11 am
[POSSIBLE SPOILER?]

I'm ashamed to admit that, if I regard the series as completely SEPARATE from the books... it becomes a totally average series that I can watch, but not at the expense of other series.

They screwed up SO many things... but at the same time it felt good to see actual visualisations of Denna and Cara and everyone else (even though some of them are totally not like in the book.. I mean come on.. Darken Rahl with black hair? Kahlan without beautiful green eyes?

The thing that bothers me most is that Richard looks YOUNGER than I am... I always thought Richard would be this awesome gigantic mountain of manliness... not some shriveling little punk who looks like he should have trouble even lifting the sword.

*pants*

(ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE WHOLE SERIES YET, BUT PLANS TO... STOP READING FROM HERE ON)

I hated how the gars look, I hated that Kahlan is not the most beautiful woman in the world, which she rightfully is (after Nicci...), I hate how they actually made Richard and Cara GO INTO THE DAMN FUTURE!!!!! and fight Kahlan's and Darken's MALE CONFESSOR SON... WHO LOOKED LIKE FRIGGIN' UNCLE FESTER FROM THE ADAM'S FAMILY....

I don't get it... why would you take the most epic epic (lol) known to man, a story that dwarfs Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and any other book you could think of combined... and turn it into something so horrible in contrast. Something so immensely unoriginal that it hurts the brain of any Terry Goodkind fan unless they switch themselves into zombie-mode and pretend like it's a completely different series.

That being said... Cara in the series is SOOOOOOO hot.... it had to be said. I can't WAIT for Nicci to show up... that's basically the only reason I still watch. I'm hoping they actually get that far and don't come up with some lame "new" badguy instead of Jagang.
WE WANT THE DREAMWALKER!! stressed  

[Gilgamesh]

Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas