Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Need some help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shortchic_017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:11 pm
Im working on a yarn scarf. Im using a "Knifty Knitter" or sumthing like that. Its round, you now how that works. Well I didn't go all the way around the circle so i can make a flat scarf instead of a magic scarf. The problem is the scarf keeps curling up. Is there any way to avoid the curling or to fix it, cuz its starting to annoy me. Plz post advice! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 pm
I had the same thing happen with loom knitting. This is probably due to the nature of the circular loom. I'd suggest blocking if you're working with wool, but otherwise, stretching back and forth might help....  

Castilleja

Sparkly Genius

9,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Timid 100

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:22 am
Shortchic_017
Im working on a yarn scarf. Im using a "Knifty Knitter" or sumthing like that. Its round, you now how that works. Well I didn't go all the way around the circle so i can make a flat scarf instead of a magic scarf. The problem is the scarf keeps curling up. Is there any way to avoid the curling or to fix it, cuz its starting to annoy me. Plz post advice! 3nodding

You can block it all you want, but it's going to keep curling. When you make it flat, it makes a stockinette scarf which will always curl.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 am
If you're using a circular loom, your best bet is to simply make it all the way around and then when done, sew the ends together so that it makes a flat, but double thick scarf. Otherwise, it just keeps curling >.<  

Evagaline

Shortchic_017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:07 pm
pre-heated-death
I had the same thing happen with loom knitting. This is probably due to the nature of the circular loom. I'd suggest blocking if you're working with wool, but otherwise, stretching back and forth might help....

I blocked it and it did flatten it out some, other than that i think im just gonna leave it cuz its too frustrating. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am
Putting a crochet boarder on a stockinette scarf has worked for me in the past. Really the best way of avoiding the curl is simply to put a garter stitch boarder around it, but since you aren't hand knitting.... that won't work. xp  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items