Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Other books TG fans may like. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:36 am
OMG! I LOVE DROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:36 am
Phanari
OMG! I LOVE DROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay! n.n

Jarlaxle ish bettah than Drizzt. :3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:11 pm
I don't know how many of you are into sci-fi, but there is a really good series called Mission Earth. I think it has 10 or 15 books, and they are all pretty thick (which is one of the things that I like about them). To be honest I have only read 2, because I do not have them all and I refuse to read them out of order 3nodding , but what I have read so far is really good.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:40 pm
Awesome! n.n  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Maniacal Macabre

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:43 pm
I really enjoyed the entire series of Magic Kingdom For Sale Sold by Terry Brooks and for writers Sometimes the Magic Works by the same author. One of my favorite plane ride paperbacks is Tick Tock by Dean Koontz.
Thanks for sharing your favorites, I'll check some of them out. I have a hard time putting effort into an author I haven't read, but it's time for me to expand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:31 am
Carrie Macabre
I really enjoyed the entire series of Magic Kingdom For Sale Sold by Terry Brooks and for writers Sometimes the Magic Works by the same author. One of my favorite plane ride paperbacks is Tick Tock by Dean Koontz.
Thanks for sharing your favorites, I'll check some of them out. I have a hard time putting effort into an author I haven't read, but it's time for me to expand.
Once you start reading Salvatore's books you'll delve into them. :3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

JFisk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Sorry if I sound stupid or if I neglected to read the posts, but what is Drow? or Drizzt? or even Jarlaxle? gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 pm
JFisk
Sorry if I sound stupid or if I neglected to read the posts, but what is Drow? or Drizzt? or even Jarlaxle? gonk
Drow elves are elves with white hair, red eyes and coal-black skin. They used to live on the surface world, but were persecuted by the other elven races and chased into the Underdark, a subterranean world. There, they stopped worshipping their original god, Ellistrae (like a Drow goddess of the Moon and Stars), and began worship the evil drow goddess Lloth, the Spider Queen.

They became immensely evil, and incredibly deadly, a dozen humans against one drow fighter is a sorely outmatched fight in the Drow's favor. All the other races fear Drow; they're just too powerful, sadistic and unpredictable to turn your back to.

At one point, a particular Drow was born; one with lavender eyes instead of red eyes. This one was trained and taught by Zaknafein, the most skilled Drow swordsman to ever live, and he sacrificed himself to save his child's life as well as his humanity and love of life. Drizzt, that's the drow child who eventually grows up and leaves the Underdark, is the most deadly and powerful Drow to ever live, even when Zaknafein was alive. (after almost 20 books did you think the guy'd live that long? Spoiler me arse! D< )

that's the basic jist of it, you should read the books. :3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Raksha77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:36 am
I read Drow too, its pretty good. Another really good series is the Dhampire series, and the Uglies series. both have incredibly mesmerizing storylines. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 pm
:3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:56 am
List of good books.series:

Okay, we all like SoT and it's for more than the story-line, I'm sure. Goodkind puts a lot of realistic ideas and symbolic theories into his books that really make you think.

So, here are a few in the listed subjects:

Religiously:
Piers Anthony (Incarnations of Immortality). First book to the series: On a Pale Horse. Very compelling. Both entertain and spiritually interesting. So weird because it's fantasy/sci fi, but the series strongly helped me in my walk with God. In the books, regular, mortal people become incarnations such as Death, War, Time, Fate, Nature, ect.......and have to figure out that the bad guy, Satan, is actually the Father of Lies, Prince of Evil, whatever......and fight him off in the end. AMAZING stories and VERY well written. Each book intertwines with the others in the series so it's worth a gander.

Frank Peretti and/or Tedd Decker (House) section: Religious Fiction. The books are very spiritually compelling. I own the movie for House, which I hear is absolutely pale in comparison to the book and I found the movie to be VERY entertaining so I can't wait to finally sink my teeth into the book when my foster sister returns it to me.

Teen Fantasy:

ANYTHING BUT TWILIGHT! (so not as good as people make it out to be. No interesting ideas, no symbolism..........basically......nothing but teenage angst and hope for a chocolate bar to calm their nerves?)

Christopher Paolini (Inheritance series) First book: Eragon. Many saw that awefull movie (which I was kinda adicted to in my days after the coma, sad to say) but the book is SO MUCH BETTER. Even my brother, who hates reading books I like enjoyed it. My mom (who also likes Harry Potter AND SoT....thanks to me on both matters) enjoyed Inheritance series too. Epic and very thrilling.

Mary Janice Davidson (Jennifer Scales) the first book has a sub title after the actual name about some kind of furnace? (My personal Richard Rahl is sleeping so I can't look at the title at the moment without waking him. Sorry.) It's about a girl named Jennifer who becomes a wheredragon and does little miniquests through the series.

PS: KYUSS:
A: I had no idea there's a whole series on Drow in book stores! What I know of Drow I learned through Fantasy Lore Research.
B: I thought their diety, Lloth was a spider king. I know it contradicts their Amazonian beliefs/life style but I thought Lloth was the ONLY male they obeyed or whatever.  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games