Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Cyodie's Themed Poetry Contest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If your going to participate, Lemme know!
  Yes, i am entering into the contest
View Results

Cyodie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Ok. So, it's more or less a free writing contest, though with a set theme to follow. Each theme can be completed anytime between the start and the end of the Contest. When the first theme is set, the Contest begins. The Contest will run for the next 2-3 Weeks after the first theme is set.

Points will be awarded for by a Poll i will set at the end of the Contest. This will have names of those participating. and each Theme will have two winners, each win will amount to 1 point. Whomever has the most points at the end of the Contest, is the Winner. The Winner will have boasting rights and the uh.... respect(?) of their peers. XP (>.>) Use your own poetic Genius in each, there is no set way to write them. as long as it has the theme in mind.In the Event of a Tie, The Winners will Then have a Death-match, where a final Theme will be set. Got questions? Post'em, and I'll answer them. XD

The length of a poem is not a factor. make them as long as you like. XD

Let The CONTEST BEGIN!

GOOD LUCK!

Themes:

1st: Love of (insert noun) Involving Reference to Fantasy Creatures. IE(With the eyes of a beholder, just to watch you grow older)-esk. >.> **i suck, gimme a break.**

2nd: A day in your own life. (from startof the day to the end)

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

And maybe more.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:46 pm
Hmmm...interesting. I may have to try this one out. I need to get my creative juices flowing, maybe this will help me. : )

It'll also be a challenge...that first one especially. Sorry to be a bother, but could you elaborate a bit more on that?

Spastic waffles
Captain

Writing Contests/Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces