Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Biggest threat to Western Civilisation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biggest threat to the West?
  Islamic terrorism/global jihad
  China
  Putin/Medvedev's Russia
  Political correctness, other internal factors
View Results

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:31 am
Interested to know peoples' opinions.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:02 pm
Islam Extremists
Anti-Christian Atheists
Radical American Conservatives
Radical American Liberals
Extreme Christians
The Greedy Rich people (best example being the recent Bailout)
Crude Oil  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Othello_ollehtO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 pm
Actually I don't think the Islam Extremists are that much of a threat. They are so few of the Islamic population...But... there isn't always power in numbers...
But, pretty much I agree with Mouse:
Anti-Christian Atheists
Radical American Conservatives
Radical American Liberals
Extreme Christians
The Greedy Rich people (best example being the recent Bailout)
Crude Oil
But the biggest one being our collapsing government (Our nation is going to hell and most of us don't even realize it) We're left in ignorance, we have the wool pulled over our eyes. Our "Democracy" is falling and crumbling right at our feet slowly turning communist. They take away our rights subtly one by one, bit by bit. So much so we'll stop one day and think "Hmm, didn't we have more freedom ten years ago?"
Then stop another day and say "Hmm, you know, That there China's government is looking pretty good"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 pm
Russia doesn't present much of a problem, and neither does China altough both are threats. Aside from anything else internal factors are much more a threat. The threats include:

The Republican Party
The Democratic Party
Our new president elect, Barack Obama
Globalists
The failing economy
National Debt
etc, etc, etc.  

Garrett31212

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:19 am
I sometimes question if our own government is our biggest threat. They seem to be slowly, but surely, getting more and more into our business... taking rights, as Othello_ollehtO said, slowly... for cases of "security"?! Is this what our founding fathers intended?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:03 pm
I disagree. More government is not the problem, but rather less government.  

Garrett31212

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 pm
An inbalance of power is a threat, if the government gets too powerful, we could end up in a facist state, if the government doesn't have enough power, we have chaos. There has to be a balace of power, that's why the three branches of power were put into place.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 am
Garrett31212

...So no problems then. What about government irresponsibility?

Out of curiosity, what are some things you think the government should have more power over? Besides the housing industry.  

Kira84

Lexille

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:18 pm
gaia's ED forum...

really takes the "ED" out of "EDUCATION"...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:07 am
Islam is threatening my county. a teacher from a college and a friend of my grandparents made a speech about Radical Islam and some of them from Seattle showed up wanting to interupt is speech. they never got a chance, but they did ram into his truck, because he is a target after making that speech.  

PhoenixFire1987

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:39 pm
Latopazora
An inbalance of power is a threat, if the government gets too powerful, we could end up in a facist state, if the government doesn't have enough power, we have chaos. There has to be a balace of power, that's why the three branches of power were put into place.

One, you spelled "fascist" wrong, and two you're speaking to a Fascist.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 pm
Kira84
Garrett31212

...So no problems then. What about government irresponsibility?

Out of curiosity, what are some things you think the government should have more power over? Besides the housing industry.

The government should have the power to do what's necessary to acheive the best interests of the nation. True, there is governmental irresponsibility in some cases, but there is irresponsibility in private initiatives as well.  

Garrett31212

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 am
Anywayz, my vote is for Political Correctness. If it wasn't for PCness, a lot of the others wouldn't be as threatening. If we didn't suck up to Islamofascists by branding any criticism of terrorism as "racist" we would be better equipped to crush the threat.

PCness is really stupid. There was an article about how a Canadian university went back on its decision to hold a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis research because the disease mainly affects white people, particularly males and thus the fundraiser wasn't "inclusive". I ain't kidding...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:04 pm
DanskiWolf, I'm honestly not surprised. That sounds exactly like something the Canadians and liberals in general would do. Political Correctness is a big problem, I agree. Just not the biggest.  

Garrett31212

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff