Jody Picoult

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like her? (She's an author)
  Duh. Who doesn't? She's amazing!
  ...Uh...who?
  I read partway and left it. She's an okay author.
  Meh. I'm just here for the Gold.
View Results

seleneswan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One of her books, My Sister's Keeper.

Quote:
Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister Kate can somehow fight leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate-a life role that she has never challenged . . . until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister-and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for her sister she loves.

The only reason she's alive is to save her sister. Anyone read it? Actually, I haven't but have been told to read it by many people. It's supposed to be really good...

There's also a movie for it, which is in the Post-Production Stages, and is coming out in 2009.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm
It sounds really good, but I haven't read it either.  

penandpaper67
Captain

sadeijo

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:20 pm
There's going to be a movie? That is so exciting! I read and loved My Sister's Keeper and 18 Minutes and I just bought another of her books which I'm stoked to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 am
Shouldnt of come here I like fantasy super actiony films and books you know? dude im a friggin ninja *poof* ninja out ninja  

Ninja Otaku Gurl

Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff