Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Old movies...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:24 pm
Okay, maybe this doesn't apply to everyone in the guild, but what are some of the old movies you used to watch all the time as a kid? You know, the ones you begged to watch over and over again. xd

For me, it was Follow That Bird, Big Bird in China/Japan, Brave Little Toaster, a live theatrical version of Snow White, An American Tail and Fievel Goes West, and The Land Before Time... I think that covers most of them... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:02 pm
surprised I loved Land Before Time!  

stickyfeet

dddaren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:10 am
Home Alone and Mrs.Doubtfire. I still watch them once in a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:56 am
Waterships Down

Beauty and the Beast

Lion King

You get the idea ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:23 pm
I hated Watership Down. But that's more because I saw it after I was forced to read that bloody 400 paged book on talking rabbits. stare It was the left over resentment against the book. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 pm
MemoryDragon
I hated Watership Down. But that's more because I saw it after I was forced to read that bloody 400 paged book on talking rabbits. stare It was the left over resentment against the book. rofl

That book is awesome :]  

dddaren

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 pm
@dddaren: On that, we disagree. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:55 am
dddaren
MemoryDragon

That book is awesome :]

heart

wholeheartedly agreed!

I loved it! I loved the darkness of it (I read it just after my dad died when I was like ... 11. XD)  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 pm
OMG... kid flicks... Had to watch all of those and so many more when Tohma was growing up.. I did like the original Land Before Time. Hated, no despised the Lord of the Rings movies- like The Hobbit. Still can't get myself to read The Hobbit- it put me to sleep in the 1st chapter, still does- better than any sleeping pill.

Then again, I put on Mary Poppins for Tohma when she was a baby and she would fall asleep after 10 minutes. Worked like a charm- but I love that movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:13 am
Rita - The original LotR scared the crap out of me! XD

Hmm, what else?

I wasn't into films so much but I loved Postman Pat, Thomas the tank Engine and Fireman Sam.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 am
Brave Little toaster was one.
Home Alone was another.
I loved Little Mermaid, specifically the Under da Sea sequence, and the Kiss da Girl sequence. The upbeat music really appealed to my hyperactive little soul.
I liked the Winnie the Pooh movies, and the Peanuts ones too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:19 am
redface Didn't have VCR's when I was a kid, we actually went to the theaters to watch a movie, all though I loved all the Christmas specials that came on every year. ninja wow that showed my age sweatdrop  

Bestmom

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 am
I remember my first trip to the Cinema.

I went to see 'The Little Mermaid'.

Of course, I actually HATE Disney now and consider them to have only made three good movies (Beauty and the Beast, The lion King and Lilo and Stitch; considering that Pirates doesn't count!)

PL  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:42 pm
I TOTALLY forgot to mention Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The original, musical version.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items