Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Physics teacher.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:30 am
Ok, here is what happened. My physics teacher is a cristian and a pretty big one at that. Well he got to thermodynamics and gets to the subject of evolution vs. thermodynamics. Ok, what does thermodynamics have to do with evolution. They are two seperate parts of science. I really wanted to just punch him in the face. He also started talking about that experiment that created the beginings of dna and how it was wrong and that the scientists that did it don't believe the conclusion they had come to was right.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:23 pm
If he's a teacher, he must be semi-knowledgeable right? o_O
lol. well, I really hope he didn't talk about how evolution can't be true because of the second law of thermodynamics or some crap.. o.o  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:58 pm
D i v i n i t y
lol. well, I really hope he didn't talk about how evolution can't be true because of the second law of thermodynamics or some crap.. o.o

Yeah he did.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:06 pm
Study a lot and then find a critic contradiction to make him kindly shut the ******** up :D

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:11 pm
SkeletonPhoenix
D i v i n i t y

Yeah he did.

Really? are you sure he said the "SECOND law of thermodynamics" and not the first? Well, that argument is tossed around across theists, but I don't think it should deserve any consideration. =/

[-Erik-]
Study a lot and then find a critic contradiction to make him kindly shut the ******** up :D

YUP!
I would really really look into it, but here's a common refutation of that claim:
The Second Law of Thermodynamics only applies to closed systems; the Earth is constantly getting energy from the sun and so the law does not apply to the Earth and so the theory of evolution is a valid theory.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/evolution-entropy-the-big-bang-and-the-second-law/t.36599723/

This thread should be useful. To summarise, your physics teacher doesn't understand the subject he's teaching.  

Redem

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff