Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
DO NOT USE AN OUIJA BOARD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

would you or have you used a Ouija board?
  yes
  no
View Results

xXx_CuDdLeSqUiSh_xXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:58 pm
Ok i know i might get many rude comments on this post, but, i do not suggest buying,looking at, or using one....ever....Here ill even list why.
-They can let negitive demons/spirits in
-They let spirits/demons in period
-If you get a demon they remember you and they are near impossible to get rid of...(suggestion if you do get a demon dont burn the board..wont work anyway)
-It is a tool not a toy
There are probably about 400 more reasons but i think those are the most importiant..
I know i sound like a know it all smart a** freak but...I'm just saying...Please,for your sake dont use one.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:04 pm
sweatdrop i know im going to step on a few peoples toes with this so i apoligize in advance

Demons are no where near as bad as people think a bit mischeviouse but that it

what you should worry about are angels(this will most likly make people angry but its true)  

deadtothecold
Crew

xXx_CuDdLeSqUiSh_xXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:43 am
Honestly you could be right but i dont think anyone truely knows about Demons and their purpose.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:30 am
Wow. Pardon me if I think you're overreacting a bit here. I noticed that most of the reasons you have listed for not using a Ouija board are ifs and possibilities. If done by someone who knows what they're doing, is being cautious and has set up some other precautions, then using the ouija board is just fine. As for summoning demons.... boy. If someone is really determined they can do that without a Ouija board. The only reason that the boards get a bad reputation for summoning demons is because its one of the easiest ways of contacting said beings.  

Gothic Godiva

Devoted Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 am
Gothic Sidhe Lady
Wow. Pardon me if I think you're overreacting a bit here. I noticed that most of the reasons you have listed for not using a Ouija board are ifs and possibilities. If done by someone who knows what they're doing, is being cautious and has set up some other precautions, then using the ouija board is just fine. As for summoning demons.... boy. If someone is really determined they can do that without a Ouija board. The only reason that the boards get a bad reputation for summoning demons is because its one of the easiest ways of contacting said beings.

^ Hear hear. Ouija boards were made for contacting "The Other Side", whatever meaning that may hold for you -- is it any surprise that as well as biddy old grandmothers, you can get malevolent entities?

You're absolutely correct though, love. They're tools, not toys - so don't play with them unless you know what you're doing. Electric drills are tools and not toys, and though they can be used for highly constructive purposes (building), they can also be used for highly destructive purposes (trepanning someone). The purpose of an electric drill is for constructive ends, and although you are capable of using it for destructive ends, it's assumed that you know what you're doing and don't have a deathwish. Caveat emptor.

Just as an added aside, the indefinite article for ouija is always "a", in much the same way you don't ever say "an waterfall", "an woman" and "an Wisconsin". Although I've never heard anyone say "a Wisconsin", so there you go.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 am
Mitsh
Gothic Sidhe Lady

^ Hear hear. Ouija boards were made for contacting "The Other Side", whatever meaning that may hold for you -- is it any surprise that as well as biddy old grandmothers, you can get malevolent entities?

You're absolutely correct though, love. They're tools, not toys - so don't play with them unless you know what you're doing. Electric drills are tools and not toys, and though they can be used for highly constructive purposes (building), they can also be used for highly destructive purposes (trepanning someone). The purpose of an electric drill is for constructive ends, and although you are capable of using it for destructive ends, it's assumed that you know what you're doing and don't have a deathwish. Caveat emptor.

Just as an added aside, the indefinite article for ouija is always "a", in much the same way you don't ever say "an waterfall", "an woman" and "an Wisconsin". Although I've never heard anyone say "a Wisconsin", so there you go.

I must say its a rather nice change to have my opinions and views defended rather than ridiculed or rejected. Thanks alot, hun.

I actually didn't know that about the difference for a or an when using the Ouija word. Did you know that its also pronounced Oui-ja, just like its spelled and not Oui-jee?  

Gothic Godiva

Devoted Prophet

9,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Satrevi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:40 pm
you know, it is my personal opinion if you arent able to use a ouija board safely you shouldnt even be trying to contact spirits, you shouldnt need some board to contact spirits safely,

just use your head about what you call and if something gives you a problem unprovoked kick its a**.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:29 pm
I would agree.... I wouldn't touch one from what I've heard. My parents have done those things; using Ouija boards,
summoning demons, etc. I've been in the same room with people doing a seyonce. My mom even has studied on
these things, on demons and everything. I agree with her opinion, as well; you shouldn't mess around with demons.

Lady Akirea

Ruthless Tycoon

Ketchup Is Not Real o_O

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 pm
I've had a bad experience with them because of my stupidity. But, hey, just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean others will.

Like Gothic said, if you set everything up correctly, you know what you're doing, and have something backed up in case of an emergency then you should be okay.

But, yes, they are not toys. I will agree with that.

Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games