Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silent Tears Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for roleplaying and meeting a lot of new friends through chat, games, etc. 

Tags: Roleplay, Chat, Contests, Games 

Reply Opinions & Discussions
Christmas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Christmas be changed to Happy Holiday?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sweet Sweet Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:19 pm
As people may have noticed, slowly Christmas is becoming simply "Happy Holiday". I find this wrong to the point where sometimes just thinking about it drives me up the wall. It's slowly being changed because of some peoples complaints to be more "politically correct". Just the other day on a news channel it brought up how some people put a sign in front of a nativity scene in Washington State Capital which read, “At this season of the Winter Solstice may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.” just 15 feet away from the scene. People now mainly say "Happy Holiday" instead of Christmas; in fact I remember how this one employee at a Walmart just a few years ago got in trouble for saying to a costumer "Merry Christmas". Many stores say "Happy Holiday" on signs. Some people are even saying that the Christmas Tree should be called the Holiday Tree! How crazy is that! People who are atheists if they want to could say "Happy Holiday" and simply stick to the present giving part of Christmas, but there is no reason to change it strictly to that. People seem to forget that this holiday was originaly a holiday where Christians would celebrate the birth of Christ, that the present giving came into existence way AFTER. I for one believe that there is a point where the "Freedom of Speech" is abused, and a good exmple is the sign mentioned earlier. They not only attacked the Christians and their religion and beliefs, but the reason Christmas came about, its true meaning. I can go on and on, but the point I'm trying to make is that:
1. Atheists who do such actions and displays should be punished for such offensive actions and such acts should just be forbidden. Period.
2. It should continue to be called "Christmas."
3. Stores should allow the salvation army to go back to its long held tradition of their people in front of stores to dress as Santa Claus (could you believe stores actually don't allow that any more eek )
Well, I'll leave it at those three.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 pm
I agree, if the term Christmas bothers someone then they do not have to use it, but that does not give them the right to impose on other people's right to.  

Athena831

Opinions & Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff