Writing Prompt 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortale_Amore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:52 am
My life is my message....

Words uttered by Gandhi years ago. People have used them over and over and over, and yet, not a single one of the people who have used these words knows the true meaning behind it.

Doctors’ offices are closed on Sunday so they can go golfing; businesses only care about money and size; people change what they want to do with their lives every thirty seconds. The meanings of these words are gone.

These were my exact thoughts running through my head. I wanted to create and I always knew that. I've known it since I was little. I carry paper and something to write with everywhere. I have written an entire story on my driveway with sidewalk chalk and then took pictures of it so that I didn't have to rewrite it. I want to create to give back the hopes and dreams that I have grown up with. Words are the reason that my soul is still alive.

I looked over next to me. He was just sitting there. He said that he wanted to save lives. He wanted this war to end. He wanted souls to stay alive.

But now... now he's just sitting here. He refuses to look at the people around him. Just because he lost her, he's given up.

I know that there is a difference between his dreams and mine. He wanted to show people that not all hope was lost. He wanted to show people that we could live and be happy and be free. I wanted to show people that anything could be used to grow; that one person out there loved you. We'd been helping each other for years. Ever since we were little to now.

He's given up, but I haven't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... wow. I can barely distinguish the parts that are actually me to the parts that aren't...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:43 pm
I really like this. heart

I feel like it skips around a bit, but I don't see any thing grammatically incorrect.

Yeah... this is great. I'm glad you were able to express your feelings/thoughts in this... I'm sure it helped you, and it defiantly helped give this piece a 'feel'... you know?

Keep it up. [:  

Collote
Crew

Immortale_Amore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:59 pm
Aww, thank you.

Yea, I wanted to work on it a bit more, but I liked the way it turned out to much to change it.

It really did help me when I wrote it. That's why I love writing so much. I haven't had a good chance to actually write something for a really long time and the few things that I did write were horrible, but the prompt brought me back in.

I will. Thank you for the opinion. (^_^)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:58 pm
"Writing is psychic chemotherapy. It gets rid of all of the tumors of the day."

I'm glad you like writing so much!

Good piece, very original. I would suggest putting the thought bit in italics, but I can't find anything else wrong, either.

One thing: The next-next-to-last bit, "He...given up." Where did that come from? Are you talking about Ghandi?  

serephemeral
Crew

Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces