Madworld "Holiday" Trailer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:21 am
Pachoo I'm pretty interested in this game. I wanna hear more about the gameplay though, because the style looks good and the violence is over the top, both of which really work with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:44 am
Weren't you one of the ones complaining all this game had going for it was the style?  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:21 am
Waynebrizzle
Weren't you one of the ones complaining all this game had going for it was the style?
...No?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:41 am
Meta_Fish
The_Ky-Guy
Wow! I've been getting into these types of games in recent years, starting with killer7. They've been filled with innovative gameplay and unique visuals. biggrin

I'm so getting that game.
What kind of games are these? Games that have stylistic graphics? A game can look artsy all it wants and it could still suck. I just don't see the classification you're putting Killer7 and Mad World into.

And what's so awesome about this game? So far all I know is that it's a black and white game, and you kill people.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12971525&page=2

It's a good point, because we haven't seen much of this game. I'm just surprised you'd be the one to post this video.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:48 am
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
The_Ky-Guy
Wow! I've been getting into these types of games in recent years, starting with killer7. They've been filled with innovative gameplay and unique visuals. biggrin

What kind of games are these? Games that have stylistic graphics? A game can look artsy all it wants and it could still suck. I just don't see the classification you're putting Killer7 and Mad World into.

And what's so awesome about this game? So far all I know is that it's a black and white game, and you kill people.

It's a good point, because we haven't seen much of this game. I'm just surprised you'd be the one to post this video.
Oh, so now you're Sean.

I guess I did say that. To be honest, we haven't seen much else other than a few trailers, and very little on the controls. All that it's had going for it has been the stylized look for quite some time, but we've heard a little about the motion controls since then. That's what I meant by what I said in the first post.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:53 am
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
The_Ky-Guy

Oh, so now you're Sean.

I guess I did say that. To be honest, we haven't seen much else other than a few trailers, and very little on the controls. All that it's had going for it has been the stylized look for quite some time, but we've heard a little about the motion controls since then. That's what I meant by what I said in the first post.

No, if I were Sean I'd be calling you a d**k and being an a*****e about proving you wrong just now.

Don't be so defensive. I'm agreeing with you.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:58 am
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Meta_Fish
The_Ky-Guy

Oh, so now you're Sean.

No, if I were Sean I'd be calling you a d**k and being an a*****e about proving you wrong just now.

Don't be so defensive. I'm agreeing with you.
It just seems like you hop on any chance to prove anyone wrong anymore. I saw that before I saw that you were agreeing with me. You can't blame me for being defensive when I have to deal with s**t like that a lot.

Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:00 am
I'm not out to get you Fish. I just thought the change of heart was strange.

Let's hug.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 am
Waynebrizzle
I'm not out to get you Fish. I just thought the change of heart was strange.

Let's hug.
I'M NOT GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 am
DON'T MAKE ME FORCE YOU.

Hey, at least we've been keeping this thread bumped. I wish more than two people would watch the video.  

Waynebrizzle

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 am
Hmm, seems good. I want to know more of the death scenes though. It seems they may be too focused on and it took take away from the overall gameplay. It looked like action action action, throw someone out a window and they fall and you watch. But, it may be for the trailer itself. Looks pretty good. I think i'd rent it first, or check for reviews.

March 31st, 2009.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:21 pm
You all know how I feel about the old clover team's new project. In my eyes they are pretty much infallible. I am am usually cautiously optimistic, but for these guys I am just gonna go with blind optimism.

EDIT: Just watched the video, and HOLY s**t that soundtrack is funky! I just realized that Platinum is working with SEGA. Do you think Hideki Naganuma is gonna be working on the music? If he does this game is, in fact, infallible.  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:08 pm
Doesn't matter to me who's making it, the music is already good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:17 pm
Waynebrizzle
Doesn't matter to me who's making it, the music is already good.
Hell yeah. I can dig it.

I also love the comic style panels that come across the screen. That is really cool.Those guys have such great style.  

Owwin

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:02 pm
I hope the visuals don't get confusing. With only 2 colors on the screen most of the time it might be hard to tell what's happening. The trailer makes it seem that there's enough contrast to be able to differentiate between all the objects and actions on the screen, but still. I need this game in front of me to be able to tell for sure.  
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games