Reply Graphic Content
Personal Website Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NeverEverEverEverUseAgain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:58 am
For as long as I've been doing web design and graphic design (which is 3 years - ish, not long. I know...), I always wanted to make a personal website. My problem is that I have no idea what to put on it. Any suggestions to what goes on a personal website that I will remember to update it? heart

Thanks for the help. smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:26 pm
Hrm... I own a couple sites, I have a graphics site and a blog, and I'm working on a personal site under my new domain. Personal sites are usually just like networks of sites you own, portfolios to display any graphics you've made (although I use deviantart for that), or a graphics blog. Something along those lines. I'm not really sure what else. Hope that helps. sweatdrop  

theabsurdkitty

Wheezing Lunatic

The Judas Horse
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:27 pm
My personal site acts as my freelance business and my online portfolio. You could put examples of your work, stuff about you, pages devoted to your interests, add a blog... it all kind of depends on what you want your page to do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 pm
I suppose I could do the stuff about me and my interests... but I already use deviantART for my art and whatnot.

I also have a role-play info site, for when I did go on Neopets -coughewcough- It does have info about me. Is that considered a personal website?

The Judas Horse
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm
Mariette Gordon
I suppose I could do the stuff about me and my interests... but I already use deviantART for my art and whatnot.

I also have a role-play info site, for when I did go on Neopets -coughewcough- It does have info about me. Is that considered a personal website?

I don't know, I think a personal website is anything you want it to be! DeviantArt is great. I use it too (but never for my graphics confused ). I do think strongly that anyone who wants to design professionally should get an online portfolio up as soon as possible though! I'm not sure if that is your ambition or not. whee

On my to-do list is a site for my stories/poetry/roleplay/artwork and what not.

I guess it's really hard to define what a personal website should be. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 pm
Hm. I wanna be a web designer if I can't be a singer or some sort of artistic. So... the personal site. I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for trying. =)

AverageTyrant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 pm
What you put on your personal website is totally up to you. Me? I put my original story on there. I'm thinking of creating another, more professional, website to show off my portfolio.

... Once I've put together a good enough one.  
Graphic Content

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games