Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Coolest Knitting book Ever.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Supertheory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Lingerie-Style-Lingerie-Inspired-Designs/dp/1584795778

I really want this!
The yarn store I work at sells it, but we've only got one copy, and it's on hold for someone. It's so so neat! Thigh high stockings, bras, panties, garter belts, baby dolls, skirts.

The shaping for the bras is really useful, because it helps with sweaters and the like.

I wannnntt.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:46 pm
I saw that one in the Borders book store. It looks very cool. biggrin  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:41 pm
I remember there being a pattern for garter(belt)-panties in this book that looked really cool. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:53 pm
I've seen that book before and it does look super awesome.

I don't own it for some reason. Not sure why, but I think you should get it! I'm sure you can find it online for cheap somewhere. Just invest a little time. My current favorite book is one skein wonders. I am using up my surplus yarn stash finally! And I will have room for the yarn i need to store for my big afgan projects and stuff.  

Drowtung

Supertheory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:41 am
The One Skein books are great for busting a stash. And for last-minute Christmas presents.

I'm not sure how my friends/family would feel about getting a knitted pair of panties for the holidays.

"I was able to get your measurements so I just made them XXL!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:01 pm
Evil is Everywhere- Good doesn't have a prayer

I'm currently using One Skein Wonders, actually. I just finished a scarf from in it and am starting a new one. =) I need more needles before starting on stuff like hats and afghans and all. I can only find my size 9 ones, but my mom told me she'd look for her needles.... Now if only she would...

Good is Commendable- Evil is Dependable.

emergency conspiracy

4,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100

Drowtung

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:19 pm
Along with one skein wonders, I have another one skein book I love and am actually giving a copy of to a family member this xmas.

It's called One Skein: 30 quick projects to knit or crochet.

It has a lot less stuff than one skein wonders, 70 less in fact lol, but the projects are really nice as well.

I like it because I can use those books for patterns for presents and then spend the extra time I save making patterns for the things I sell. It was annoying before I got the books writing out patterns, and taking like an hour to do so, for a present that will take a couple hours to make as well. It's saving me a lot of time. And I like that!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:18 pm
I have the lingerie book. Haven't knitted anything form it yet, but there are many wonderful cute patterns I want badly to make. I felt it was worth my money.  

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

kittenishness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:21 pm
Adain-chan
I have the lingerie book. Haven't knitted anything form it yet, but there are many wonderful cute patterns I want badly to make. I felt it was worth my money.

I agree! It has a ton of wonderful patterns! I really like the bra and sock designs. I think I will try to knit a bra only because it is something different than a regular knitting item like a top, scarf, socks, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:39 am
Supertheory
http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Lingerie-Style-Lingerie-Inspired-Designs/dp/1584795778

I really want this!
The yarn store I work at sells it, but we've only got one copy, and it's on hold for someone. It's so so neat! Thigh high stockings, bras, panties, garter belts, baby dolls, skirts.

The shaping for the bras is really useful, because it helps with sweaters and the like.

I wannnntt.

Oohh, ditto.
eek  

winter rat

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:16 am
I've seen it before and think it's really cool. I'd love to get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:51 am
Oh that looks so cool. 3nodding  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:34 pm
I bought it! Took forever for them to ship it, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:07 pm
That sounds freaking awesome.
I'd love to try knitting lace sometime, too. 3nodding

Sugar Bandit

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm
I'm making the Citrus Sun Top and will attach a skirt to make it a nightie.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games