Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:57 pm
I just wrote it. What came to my mind. Hope it's not too bad. [:

I have troubles forgetting, being the type of person who continues to rerun memories in their mind like a broken record. Maybe it has something to do with the temporal lobe of my brain. Either way, I’m quite good at matching games.

But this isn’t about being able to beat those pointless games; this is about remembering memories… particularly disastrous memories. I did say my mind was filled with broken records.

I’ve been told that, as time goes on, painful memories become less painful. I’ve never been told that time rids of painful memories. Time sure does dispose of those wonderful memories in kindergarten. (I think I had enjoyed sharing with a large group of friends who only got upset with me when a crayon was broken).

Still, I become stronger with each upsetting memory, just as people in general do. I build a road, bit by bit, leading to the future, time as my guide. I learn to strive more than I ever had to in order to move on. I know how to react when put in that situation again; what to do and what not to do.

I’ve never been the type of person who has troubles remembering details (if reincarnation exists and I have been a person like that, maybe I’m more forgetful than I think). I will never know if those kinds of people remember the lesson they learned from their long forgotten memory. The day I find out they do forget their lessons-if that be the case-will be the day I will become grateful for my broken records.

Until my road comes across that possibly existent day, I will be resentful towards my past.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:05 pm
I like how you made it different than one might think. That's it a bittersweet thing. It's not just horrible memories, but the lessons that go with them. ^.^ Nice work. Though please, for the sake of my eyes, post in a less-bright color? whee  

serephemeral
Crew

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:09 am
Veiled Seraph
I like how you made it different than one might think. That's it a bittersweet thing. It's not just horrible memories, but the lessons that go with them. ^.^ Nice work. Though please, for the sake of my eyes, post in a less-bright color? whee

Thanks.

Haha, yeah, sorry about the color.  
Writing Workshop

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces